Police Chief To Be Probed Over Alleged Encroachment Of Cave

george

Police chief to be probed over alleged encroachment of cave

BANGKOK: -- Authorities are investigating a complaint that national police chief Seripisut Temiyavej has encroached upon a cave within a forest reserve and converted it into a karaoke room, Natural Resources and Environment Minister Anongwan Thepsuthin said Friday.

The cave is located in Thong Pha Phum district, Kanchanaburi.

"I hear that the cave is like a personal entertainment centre complete with the latest audio system," she said.

Anongwan said any encroacher would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Before the disclosure about alleged encroachment, Seripisut had been seconded to the PM's Office pending disciplinary proceedings against him relating to his conduct in office.

--The Nation 2008-04-04

Police chief to be probed over alleged encroachment of cave

BANGKOK: -- Authorities are investigating a complaint that national police chief Seripisut Temiyavej has encroached upon a cave within a forest reserve and converted it into a karaoke room, Natural Resources and Environment Minister Anongwan Thepsuthin said Friday.

The cave is located in Thong Pha Phum district, Kanchanaburi.

"I hear that the cave is like a personal entertainment centre complete with the latest audio system," she said.

Anongwan said any encroacher would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Before the disclosure about alleged encroachment, Seripisut had been seconded to the PM's Office pending disciplinary proceedings against him relating to his conduct in office.

--The Nation 2008-04-04

Yes, but is it equipped with a Happy flushing toilet? The public needs to know..............

Tasteful. I think all useless caves and other geographic stuff should be converted into karaoke lounges.

Perhaps they could 'probe' him with one of the high powered cylindrical pumps that will be confiscated (see story same board).

Looks like the government is desperate to discredit Seripisut at anyt cost, so any hearsay would do, they can even start rumours themselves.

I have no idea if there's any substance behind this latest one, it's a political witchunt, nothing else.

Surayud BOUGHT his plot of land. While it IS in the natural reserve now, people who already lived there at the time when it was declared a national park had the right to own and probably sell that land. It's not a clear cut case of encroaching, he didn't just moved in and build a fence or bribed state officials to issue him a land title.

Same strategy is now applied to Seripisut. "I hear is has karaoke..." - even in North Korea they are probably have better evidence to prosecute someone.

Surayud BOUGHT his plot of land. While it IS in the natural reserve now, people who already lived there at the time when it was declared a national park had the right to own and probably sell that land.

No.

Land in National reserves cannot be bought or sold, this is highly illegal. Original residents have often (not always!) a customary right to dwell on this land, with restrictions, but are not allowed to sell it to anyone.

Both by buying the land, and by residing there Surayud has broken the law.

He was already living there when it was declared a national park.