Mr Happy Toilet

WAERTH

This should be in the news section, but as I cannot post there:

The Public Health Ministry Friday appointed Wan Yoobamrung "Mr Happy Toilet" to promote a campaign for clean public toilets.

"I dreamt when I was a child that if I ever worked here at the Public Health Ministry I would make all the toilets in the country flush toilets," Wan says.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30070134

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully support this movement.

In Singapore we have very clean toilets, very, very clean toilets, really unbelievably clean toilets. As soon as you walk into the cubicle, the sensors have assessed you and flushed 2 or 3 times. If you should be so vulgar as to put your bottom anywhere near the basin, the thing will be flushing almost continuously to avoid any unwanted smells. To hel_l with the water supply, to hel_l with the environment, unpleasant smells are not tolerated in Singapore.

"I dreamt when I was a child that if I ever worked here at the Public Health Ministry I would make all the toilets in the country flush toilets," Wan says.

Finally you get a chance to be quoted in a newspaper and.....

:o

Wll now that Wan has told the world what dreams he had as a child, that his future work place was included in this dream, and it all revolved around toilets. This has to be the perfect fit between man and his life work.

I don't know about the rest of the TV members but, as a child, I dreamt about a lot of things but working for the Public Health Ministry was not among them. As for dreaming about flush toilets I guess that says a lot about the dreamer.

I think dear old Wan Yobs'R'Us is trying for the 2008 Dubbya "Golden Toilet Seat" award for the best piece of verbal diarrhoea.

The Public Health Ministry Friday appointed Wan Yoobamrung "Mr Happy Toilet" to promote a campaign for clean public toilets.

In a later interview Wan's father 'Khun Somchai Yoobamrung' was quoted as saying, "I have great pride in my son to have achived this high office in the Public Health Ministry, he really has studied hard since he was a small boy to understand all aspects of enviromental health and the production of western style flushing toilets. Even when he was 5 years old he would explore the family factories where we make several designs of flushing toilets."

if you have ever watched Trainspotting, there is scene in the film where they are in the pub ' the worlds worst Toilet '

Now from watching that scene, to viewing most of the public toilets in Thailand, i think the award should be transfered here.

But i am not sure how they can introduce the flush toilets nationwide here, as alot of Thais have no idea how to use!

Even when my girlfrinds mum built a new house, they still put the old hole in the ground toilet, and not a modern flush version, as this was what they are used to...

I reckon they got it wrong in translation, and he was meant to be called Mr Hankey.

post-31474-1207389235_thumb.jpg

I will assume that there is now an official "War on shit", and that Thailand is aiming for Hub status in toilets. :o

Flush toilets are often neglected and not working

where people do not appreciate the benefits........ :D

I guess they are relatively complicated bits of modern technology :o A hole in the floor being fairly simple to maintain. :D

As for Wan Yoobamrung, hopefully someone will flush both him and his POS brother down one of these loos.

Who invented the English WC ? Who invented the American type flushing system? Which one is the better system?

Are they interchangable? A very interesting subject for discussion from an engineering perspective. Are the sewerage systems the same? What system do the Russians use?

Any views by experienced TV members?

Who invented the English WC ? Who invented the American type flushing system? Which one is the better system?

Are they interchangable? A very interesting subject for discussion from an engineering perspective. Are the sewerage systems the same? What system do the Russians use?

This is an interesting topic from "yanks assume they created the universe" perspective.

Check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flush_toilet

Now there will be more interest in the W.C. since Wan (Peter Pan) is in charge or should that be (Flush Harry)?