Thaksin Urges Thais Not To Believe Fortune-teller

george

Thaksin urges Thais not to believe fortune-teller

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra Saturday urged Thais not to believe a fortune-teller who predicted bloodshed next month.

Before boarding a plane to Cambodia, Thaksin said the people should not be serious about predictions by fortune tellers.

He was approached for comments on a prediction by well-known fortune-teller Warin, who predicted that bloodshed would happen in May and Army Commander-in-Chief Gen Anupong Poachida would become the prime minister.

Thaksin said all sides should cooperate to try to solve the country's problems.

-- The Nation 2008-04-05

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra Saturday urged Thais not to believe a fortune-teller who predicted bloodshed next month.

Before boarding a plane to Cambodia, Thaksin said the people should not be serious about predictions by fortune tellers.

He was approached for comments on a prediction by well-known fortune-teller Warin, who predicted that bloodshed would happen in May and Army Commander-in-Chief Gen Anupong Poachida would become the prime minister.

-- The Nation 2008-04-05

What this really all about? I wonder? As I recall he once had his Fortune told by a reknown fortune teller in Chiang Mai. :o

This is rich! Are fortune tellers only to be believed when their prophecy suits your own purposes? :o

Are you really asking this question?

Expect another well known fortune teller to predict in a day or two the triumphal return of Taksin to the Prime Ministership in a month or two and it resulting in all Thai people becoming richer than farangs by the end of the year.

He'll make this prediction through the window of his new Mercedes Benz

This is rich! Are fortune tellers only to be believed when their prophecy suits your own purposes? :o

Are you really asking this question?

Expect another well known fortune teller to predict in a day or two the triumphal return of Taksin to the Prime Ministership in a month or two and it resulting in all Thai people becoming richer than farangs by the end of the year.

He'll make this prediction through the window of his new Mercedes Benz

This is my point.

Get a prediction like this and taxin will milk it for all it is worth. :D

Hm.. well given the great and the good's {including 4 out of 5 of the last PM's} enthusiasm for the local version of Gypsy Rose Gnome Clencher one really does have to wonder what will arrive over the next few days.

Old line, "Cross my palm with silver & I'll reveal all". "Well....here's 10baht, just take off your coat."

Regards

What a load of cr@p the higher up in Thai society people are; the more obsessed they are with Future, lucky number, lucky days etc etc etc...new business's can't be open on certain days etc, can't buy new car on Thursdays ?? can't move house except on weekday of birth

Almost All Thai prime ministers (inc generals etc & the high people we are not allowed to mention on here :o ) have their own fortune tellers

May/June was told to be the most dangerous point in Thailand due to massive bloodshed …..down to another coup, all I can see is that it’s pretty much playing out as was told

I thought taxin didnt want to become involved in poitics anymore and just wanted to get on with his life and clear his name! yet he is urging all thai people not to believe in fortune tellers as if he is the pm again already!!!

Thaksin is a hipocrite he's obsessively superstitious as everyone knows (certain time, certain day,certain number etc. etc)

This BS is just "Don't do as I do! Do as I say" He's a real C@cksucker.

As usual all the Thaksin basher rear thier ugly heads.

1. The man achieved more for Thailand than anyone ever has

2. He has not been convicted of any crime

3. And he wont be as his only crime was to bring prosperity to Thailand

4. His political enemies are driven by thier own interests

5. Killing drug dealers saves lives

Why dont you all go back to sleep ar get an education in politics

In a single year, his personal fortune increased by 70%while he was PM, I guess you are somewhat right

He has not cooperated much with the courts even though he claims his innocence, postponed countless times.

Prosperity? Last I heard this is still a 3rd world country and will still be tomorrow.

He did nothing about industrial scale corruption instead of going at it himself as well.

4. His political enemies are driven by thier own interests.

People have disappeared from the face of the earth under his rule.

5. Killing drug dealers saves lives.

So does giving them a fair trial.

You're kidding, right? Unless you're one of those special students from the Republican College in the Philippines? :o

Edited by Tony Clifton

The "Force" is strong with this one... Must be on the payroll !!

Sorry mate !! You're in the minority.

If you believe what you have written you are obviously not from the real world. (not from any world that I can think of)

Sorry :o

Edited by john b good

Perhaps this is why Thaksin no longer believes in fortune tellers:

From The Telegraph:

Asia's rich and powerful turn to ET for advice

Last Updated: 2:28am BST 04/08/2007

From the brutal generals who rule Burma to Thaksin Shinawatra, the new owner of Manchester City, when Asia's rich and powerful need advice they travel to Rangoon to see a soothsayer called ET.

A tiny, hunched, deaf-mute in her mid-40s, her real name is E Thi but, as her sister explained, she is universally known by a nickname which refers to her resemblance to Steven Spielberg's Extra Terrestrial.

She is said to be a key adviser of General Than Shwe, the leader of the military junta, who recently relocated Burma's capital for unknown reasons. Many believe that fortune tellers had their say in the affair.

Mr Shinawatra, who bought Manchester City Football Club last month, consulted her shortly before he was deposed as Thailand's prime minister last year. She is said to have told him to remain outside Thailand between September 8 and 22 to avoid bad luck.

If so, the advice was only half good. He was deposed by a military coup while he prepared to give a speech in New York on September 21.

Quite right. I used the drug dealer death stats numbers to win a sizable sum on the lottery too. Result!

M8 if you believe the crap that you have written above, then you must live with your head up your arse.

How many innocent people lost their lives during his war on drugs, or the muslims in the south.

The man achieved more for himself & didn't give a stuff about his country. Even the King had words with him.

He hasn't been convicted of any crime (yet) because he is a powerful man with many connections & This Is Thailand.

:o:D

Well, for one thing - Thaksin and TRT are extremely well versed in politics, we can certainly learn something from them.

It's not about convincing a dozen of expats in News Clipping Forum, it's about convincing millions of Thais.

And which of the 2500 people killed where proven drug dealers! Better you stay in your slumbered state!

He certainly brought prosperity to Thais - mostly named thaksin!

-- The Nation 2008-04-05

Samak lambastes fortune-teller

Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej Sunday lambasted a fortune-teller who predicted that bloodshed would happen next month.

Speaking during his Talk in Samak's Style live programme on NBT, Samak said a fortune-teller should also have responsibility when saying something. The prime minister did not mention the fortune-teller name but he was apparently referring to a prediction by Warin Buawiratlert, a fortune-teller believed in by the coup makers. Samak said the fortune-teller violated his right by saying he would collaborate with the military to stage a self-coup. "He should realise that he violated me too much by mentioning my name and linked me to the military and said I would stage I was violated, but I will not take any action for now," Samak said. He said the fortune-teller should review himself and ask himself what he really wanted from making the prediction. "He should ask himself what he wants and what his goal is. Why did this fortune-teller have to make some movements and announcing that he would hold a ceremony to bless the country's luck," Samak said. Samak said this fortune-teller used to made several wrong predictions, including a prediction that Samak would never make his way to the post of prime minister. "This weird fortune-teller said Democrat leader [Abhisit Vejjajiva] would be the prime minister and see what it turned out," Samak said. "If you want to be a fortune-teller of the coup makers, it's your business. But why have you made wrong predictions since you say you are so cool?" The Nation

Monkey see and do = two monkeys

LiveSteam

-- The Nation 2008-04-05

Samak lambastes fortune-teller

Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej Sunday lambasted a fortune-teller who predicted that bloodshed would happen next month.

Speaking during his Talk in Samak's Style live programme on NBT, Samak said a fortune-teller should also have responsibility when saying something. The prime minister did not mention the fortune-teller name but he was apparently referring to a prediction by Warin Buawiratlert, a fortune-teller believed in by the coup makers. Samak said the fortune-teller violated his right by saying he would collaborate with the military to stage a self-coup. "He should realise that he violated me too much by mentioning my name and linked me to the military and said I would stage I was violated, but I will not take any action for now," Samak said. He said the fortune-teller should review himself and ask himself what he really wanted from making the prediction. "He should ask himself what he wants and what his goal is. Why did this fortune-teller have to make some movements and announcing that he would hold a ceremony to bless the country's luck," Samak said. Samak said this fortune-teller used to made several wrong predictions, including a prediction that Samak would never make his way to the post of prime minister. "This weird fortune-teller said Democrat leader [Abhisit Vejjajiva] would be the prime minister and see what it turned out," Samak said. "If you want to be a fortune-teller of the coup makers, it's your business. But why have you made wrong predictions since you say you are so cool?" The Nation

Monkey see and do = two monkeys

LiveSteam

Wow. This is becoming a plot for a "Saturday Night Live" sketch. If it was anyplace but Thailand, you would be convinced that it was a holdover April Fool's gag. But all of us know the Thais are deadly serious about this. And that makes it all the more scary.

Given the standard of English and paucity of reality displayed in this post I can only conclude that it was written in your sleep and that your education is lacking.

The unsurpassed Master of Voodoo....
More news from the "far side" or "tales from the dark side":

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is taking his fight to hold onto his job all over the country and beyond -- to the netherworld.

Thaksin, who has previously accused his political foes of using black magic in their efforts to force him from office, received a gift Tuesday -- a magical elephant prod -- to help him ward off bad luck.

"I will use this prod, along with spells and talismans, to control the fierce opponents who are trying to oust me," Thaksin said during a campaign stop in the northeastern Surin province where he rode an elephant.

After his Cambodia witchdoctor visits in Buriram, "The Grand Superstition Tour" continues into Surin:

PM rides jumbo 'to fight bad luck'

Embattled caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday resorted to riding an elephant while on the campaign stump in the lower Northeast to ward off bad luck and the ''dangers'' posed to him by demonstrators camping out around Government House. Taking his political campaign to Surin yesterday, Mr Thaksin rode a 34-year-old male elephant, Phlai Bua Ban, one of the four elephants featured in the epic film ''King Naresuan the Great''.

Mr Thaksin rode the elephant for 500 metres with former Surin MP and owner of the pachyderm, Suriya Ruampattana, sitting behind him to control it.

An elephant expert said there was a traditional belief that riding an elephant would help ward off bad luck and dangers as the elephant was an auspicious animal.

''Riding on the elephant's neck, not its back, is very risky as the jumbo is not familiar with the smell of the rider. It may resist and cause the rider to fall. But the [caretaker] prime minister can ride it. It's a traditional belief that a powerful man who rides on an elephant and can control it will be shielded from all dangers,'' said the elephant expert and local scholar who is well-versed in superstitious beliefs.

Mr Suriya gave a large hook used by mahouts to control elephants as a souvenir to Mr Thaksin in the belief it would help him in his troubled time, the expert said.

goodluckpachyderm.jpg

Thaksin onboard his "good luck pachyderm" :o

Edited by sriracha john

I am a bit of a backyard fortune teller myself and in the spirit of this thread, I did a little I Ching cast for the near future for the Thaksin empowered PPP party and Samak government.

For those familar with the I Ching the result was

Hexagram 59 with a 2nd changing line to transform into Hexagram 20

The brief interpratation of this is

Hexagram 59

Dissolution. Take the one and transform into many. It is a time for scattering

2nd changing line

Pious dissolution - In the process of scattering, one will take the 'moral high ground'

transforming into Hexagram 20

'The Tower'

The tower is a time to step back from the situation and to not be involved. It is a time to observe and contemplate, but not to act.

The short is that the current government will fail and in doing do take the religious or 'moral high ground' and take the role of the victim. After this dissolution they must step back and watch for action will not be immediately possible.

Its never wrong.

The short is that the current government will fail and in doing do take the religious or 'moral high ground' and take the role of the victim.

That's what they always do.

I hope your technique is a bit more substantial than giving out trivialities that are always true, at least to some extent.