Airport Scam

jeffer

Screwing over Farangs arrivals?

Why would the AOT let this happen?

It's the Thai way. National policy...and nobody cares.

They let it happen because we will still come back regardless and then get screwed over again and then post the story here.

Screwing over Farangs arrivals?

Why would the AOT let this happen?

It's the Thai way. National policy...and nobody cares.

They let it happen because we will still come back regardless and then get screwed over again and then post the story here.

I've tried to protest, especially from DMK where this is epidemic. No luck.

Surprised though. Last Thursday, the old guy actually used the metre and asked for the tolls from DMK. I was shocked.

There is no suprise, they are everywhere again around the airport, but I just head straight to the metre taxi point and get my coupon. That way can avoid all the vermin hovering around scaming the unsuspecting. Funnily enough, I got in the Taxi yesterday and he said I give you good price, no metre 500 bhat. I was delighted I told him, with a smile that he had just tried to double the fare. Once he realised that I lived here and knew how much my fair was he quickly shut up. However, the point is that I'm sure he and others get away with this crap with tourists all the time.

Not suprisingly I gave him the exact money of the fare, no way was he getting a tip for trying that scam on me.

Will they ever learn? I very much doubt it.

Do wot Toady said ...

Mind you, no-one has ever tried the 'no meter' routine on me at Swampy - guess they're too busy trying to work out the obscure place where I live down in Yannawa to mistake me for a tourist / newbie... :o