Excessive Cutting And Pasting

The cut and pasting has been a little out of hand of late. It definitely has its place, but my god a couple posters are dominating the topics with lengthy pastes. Sometimes, I think, they don’t even take the time to read what they are pasting and put us through the pain of doing it. Some would say to just ignore the posts, but it is hard to have a discussion if you don’t read most the posts.

It’s as if they take pride in their unique ability to locate articles on the internet. WE ALL CAN GOOGLE A TOPIC, copy and paste.

Out of control pasters – what is wrong with stating the article and then making your point?

I just went to "The WORST BANKING CRISIS IN 30 YREARS" and gave up on the topic which was 95% pasted internet articles.

The cut and pasting has been a little out of hand of late. It definitely has its place, but my god a couple posters are dominating the topics with lengthy pastes. Sometimes, I think, they don’t even take the time to read what they are pasting and put us through the pain of doing it. Some would say to just ignore the posts, but it is hard to have a discussion if you don’t read most the posts.

It’s as if they take pride in their unique ability to locate articles on the internet. WE ALL CAN GOOGLE A TOPIC, copy and paste.

Out of control pasters – what is wrong with stating the article and then making your point?

I just went to "The WORST BANKING CRISIS IN 30 YREARS" and gave up on the topic which was 95% pasted internet articles.

Absolutely same feeling here since months. Some people's posts I usually scroll over and rather risk missing out on stuff which might be interesting. A real TV downgrade towards a mostly neagative biased newspaper. If people are too lazy to write there is no wonder others are too lazy to read beyond that who wants to read the basically same crap every day and who puts effort into thoughts or ideas when knowing there will be tons of newspaper articles fired back in response.

Edited by PCA

:D Ever read the 'Thailand News Clippings' Gents ?

I only read what I want to read...I browse, eventually post and enjoy topics I wish to enjoy.

You seem to forget one thing and that is that many members in Thailand (and other Far East and world places*) have a very slow connection; it is therefore that I post the entire article.

If you have been in the bush-bush in Thailand you know how terrible slow the connection can be and quite a lot of Thaivisa members have slow-to-very-slow connections and NO ADSL.

Jumping from one page to another via Google or your own favorites is extremely slow, especially if one has a phone connection or you're in an Internet cafe.

It's simple; if you feel bored, don't read it. I have the same with many posted cut-and-paste articles by various members, Moderators and/or Administration Ladies & Gentlemen.

If I have no interest I simply skip and go the next thread or topic. I kindly suggest you do the same.

I cordially invite you guys to join this thread: very entertaining and very good for your Artistic know-how; if it's good for your blood pressure remains to be seen :o

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=178408

Have a nice weekend. :D

* a few months ago I was in Spain on one of the islands. The connections there are even slower than Thailand and just a few scattered internet cafe's.. :D

LaoPo

I only read what I want to read...I browse, eventually post and enjoy topics I wish to enjoy.

You seem to forget one thing and that is that many members in Thailand (and other Far East and world places*) have a very slow connection; it is therefore that I post the entire article.

If you have been in the bush-bush in Thailand you know how terrible slow the connection can be and quite a lot of Thaivisa members have slow-to-very-slow connections and NO ADSL.

Jumping from one page to another via Google or your own favorites is extremely slow, especially if one has a phone connection or you're in an Internet cafe.

It's simple; if you feel bored, don't read it. I have the same with many posted cut-and-paste articles by various members, Moderators and/or Administration Ladies & Gentlemen.

If I have no interest I simply skip and go the next thread or topic. I kindly suggest you do the same.

I cordially invite you guys to join this thread: very entertaining and very good for your Artistic know-how; if it's good for your blood pressure remains to be seen :o

* a few months ago I was in Spain on one of the islands. The connections there are even slower than Thailand and just a few scattered internet cafe's.. :D

LaoPo

'Thailand News Clippings' seems to be a news aggregator for Thailand-related news. Copy/pasting articles seems to be it's whole reason d'etre - I guess that's why "clippings" is in it's name. On the other hand, this forum is for discussion of topics relating to the economy etc, and isn't called "economy clippings". I don't have any problem with copy/pasting per se, but it does seem to get out of hand sometimes. Personally I would prefer it if people gave a link to articles and short summary, and refrained from pasting excepts from it, unless they happen to be also *discussing* the details of it. Interested readers can then go to the link if they want to.

The cut and pasting has been a little out of hand of late. It definitely has its place, but my god a couple posters are dominating the topics with lengthy pastes. Sometimes, I think, they don't even take the time to read what they are pasting and put us through the pain of doing it. Some would say to just ignore the posts, but it is hard to have a discussion if you don't read most the posts.

It's as if they take pride in their unique ability to locate articles on the internet. WE ALL CAN GOOGLE A TOPIC, copy and paste.

The cut and pasting has been a little out of hand of late. It definitely has its place, but my god a couple posters are dominating the topics with lengthy pastes. Sometimes, I think, they don't even take the time to read what they are pasting and put us through the pain of doing it. Some would say to just ignore the posts, but it is hard to have a discussion if you don't read most the posts.

It's as if they take pride in their unique ability to locate articles on the internet. WE ALL CAN GOOGLE A TOPIC, copy and paste.

Absolutely same feeling here since months. Some people's posts I usually scroll over and rather risk missing out on stuff which might be interesting. A real TV downgrade towards a mostly neagative biased newspaper. If people are too lazy to write there is no wonder others are too lazy to read beyond that who wants to read the basically same crap every day and who puts effort into thoughts or ideas when knowing there will be tons of newspaper articles fired back in response.

Have a nice weekend. B)

LaoPo

I cordially invite you guys to join this thread: very entertaining and very good for your Artistic know-how; if it's good for your blood pressure remains to be seen :D

LaoPo

'Thailand News Clippings' seems to be a news aggregator for Thailand-related news. Copy/pasting articles seems to be it's whole reason d'etre - I guess that's why "clippings" is in it's name. On the other hand, this forum is for discussion of topics relating to the economy etc, and isn't called "economy clippings". I don't have any problem with copy/pasting per se, but it does seem to get out of hand sometimes. Personally I would prefer it if people gave a link to articles and short summary, and refrained from pasting excepts from it, unless they happen to be also *discussing* the details of it. Interested readers can then go to the link if they want to.

'Thailand News Clippings' seems to be a news aggregator for Thailand-related news. Copy/pasting articles seems to be it's whole reason d'etre - I guess that's why "clippings" is in it's name.

On the other hand, this forum is for discussion of topics relating to the economy etc, and isn't called "economy clippings". I don't have any problem with copy/pasting per se, but it does seem to get out of hand sometimes. Personally I would prefer it if people gave a link to articles and short summary, and refrained from pasting excepts from it, unless they happen to be also *discussing* the details of it. Interested readers can then go to the link if they want to.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=178048

The thread "Worldwide Banking Crisis Is Worst In 30 Years, Joint report Morgan Stanley/Wyman" was opened by undersigned.

Everybody with a little sense about the fragile worldwide banking/financial crisis, currently happening, would not mind reading the whole article(s).

But if one is not interested in this thread or any article within the thread, don't read it.

This thread however is 'playing the man' and in this case, that's me, LaoPo. It's not the first time Siamamerican is itchy and/or irritated towards/by my posts.

To open a complete new thread, just to attack me because HE doesn't like my cut-and-paste posts is something new to me.

If someone believes that there is 'excessive' cutting/pasting there are a few options:

1. don't read it if you don't like it.

2. complain with the Administration/Moderators. If so I suggest Siamamerican to study first a little bit about cutting and pasting on the entire Thaivisa forum and complain with ALL members and Moderators/Administrators, who cut and paste, not just me.

The worldwide financial situation and news reports are extremely important for ALL of us. We live in a VERYfragile period of time

LaoPo

Yeah, I know what you mean...... <deleted> :D

Edited by sweetchariot

WE ALL CAN GOOGLE A TOPIC, copy and paste.

not everything is available on the net through Google. i just posted a lengthy research report on EUR which is not accessible by every Tom, Dick and Harry :o

WE ALL CAN GOOGLE A TOPIC, copy and paste.

not everything is available on the net through Google. i just posted a lengthy research report on EUR which is not accessible by every Tom, Dick and Harry :o

The occasional cut and paste doesn't bother me at all. It can add value to a topic, but at times it can be overdone. It's hard to follow a topic that has pasted article after pasted article. I enjoy reading the opinions of other TV members and have a hard time sorting through the lengthy pastes to get to their point of view. In many cases, an article is pasted and no opinion is offered.

For the record, I enjoy the vast majority of your posts. A few years back, I posted a topic on moving to Thailand and you overwhemed the topic with pasted articles to the point that someone asked you to stop. I assumed you were just having a little fun at my expense.