Teacher Student Relationships

I'm sure many of you have been in a similar situation to mine. I have been teaching in a college up country for less than a year now. Some of the students started flirting almost immediately. I ignored it at first and used it to get some conversation practice going.

Some of the students - from different classes have started calling round to my bungalow on campus after callses. Usually in groups of 3. This weekend one of them came alone during the day.

The less interest I show the more interested they seem to be. I like Thai women but prefer to avoid getting involved with students. For one thing I am about 12 years older than these students. I know many Thais off campus and am happy and comfortable with them.

I may have let this flirting inflate my ego. I mean it's better than standing in front of a class where you feel they really don't like you.

I don't have a question as such. Just wondered about other peoples experince and what they did or would do.

Having looked at your past posts, I can only conclude that you are a troll.

When I started my business some 15 years ago, I charged everyone the same fee.

Then

I'm (my wife) am looking at purchasing 100 to 200 rai of farmland in Isaan, near loei.

Then

Move to Thailand in next few years with savings and regular State pension.

The question is can a modest income be made from farming.

Ultimately, my Kids (Thai & Euro passports) would inherit the land.

More:

I have yet to retire to thailand, but this thread has made me think how much I will miss my friends and acquantences

Hmmm.

may have let this flirting inflate my ego. I mean it's better than standing in front of a class where you feel they really don't like you.

The problem with student and teacher relationships, is this. Apart from being unethical, it will be viewed as Child Abuse even if the student consents to the encounter. Child Abuse in Thailand as elsewhere will land you in goal, destroy your reputation and your teaching profession. This thread of mine is not a direct attack on you PaddyThai, just a small reminder of our general responsibilities to the students, their families and communities. We after all are guests in Thailand. I suggest we leave the extra curricula activities for outside the classroom and stay well-away from student encounters. Just a thought.