Current List Of Vegetarian Restaurants In Chiang Mai

PeaceBlondie

My Thai partner has been a vegetarian for about a year now, and we kind of stopped going to the farang places where I would gorge on meat. Today we will go to Sizzler, but there used to be an excellent map and website of the Chiang Mai Vegetarian Society. I tried both search functions on TVisa and got lost. The map I found might be very outdated, and a regular google search also lost me.

So, is there a current website with the map, please? Thanks.

My Thai partner has been a vegetarian for about a year now, and we kind of stopped going to the farang places where I would gorge on meat. Today we will go to Sizzler, but there used to be an excellent map and website of the Chiang Mai Vegetarian Society. I tried both search functions on TVisa and got lost. The map I found might be very outdated, and a regular google search also lost me.

So, is there a current website with the map, please? Thanks.

There used to be a really good guide with a map that was printed on unbleached paper and was definitely the best guide to vege-eateries in the city. I think many of the places on that map are no longer there and there are obviously new additions to it. I often thought about trying to find out who did the original with a view to discussing or aiding with an update of it but it's so long now since it was first printed that whoever did it has probably moved on (unless somebody can tell me otherwise).

I'm not aware of anything as detailed as that in existence right now. I know the original map was reproduced for a Citylife article, in 2003 I think, but I can't find it in their archives.

I'd say I'm pretty well up on the veg restaurants currently available. PM if I can be of assistance.

. . . My partner said today his diet forbids eating large animals, but not chicken and pork. . . .

For your sake, I promise not to tell him how big those little piggies get by the time they are slaughtered! :o

I would love to become a sincere vegetarian. I try to avoid meat and I think it is unnecessary and morally wrong to eat meat when I have the money to travel to veggie restaurants and choose delicious food to satisfy my hunger and body's needs.

I've been on the edge for a long time. I'm going to try harder. Thanks for the lists.