Tourist Address Notification

I'm visiting a friend in BKK (Din Daeng district) for 8 days soon - as a genuine tourist. I'm staying in his rented apartment... in a multi-story tower.

I understand I have to give his address at the Immigration Desk at Don Muang.. BUT, do I (or my friend) also have to report to the local police station in Din Daeng. ?

And would the answer be different if I was staying as a tourist for a longer period..?

I've got conflicting replies to this elsewhere...

ChrisP.

Edited by ChrisP

When you fill in the Immigration form at the airport you will give your friend's address. As long as you stay at his apartment that is all you need to do.

If you go and stay somewhere else during your stay you should report to the police station there. However it is the odd night I would not worry too much about it.

However your friend, if he owns the apartment, or his Landlord should also report your presence (Section 37 of the Immigration act 2522) or they risk a fine of 2000 baht.

This is the bit the guys at ThaiImmigration.com forgot to mention.

In fact a report should be submitted by house owner on a TM.30 form which is available here:

Probably technically correct but I wouldn't worry about it. I stayed many times in GF appartment with no notification to anyone.

I usually put Ambassador Hotel on my entry card.