Honda Wave Clutch Slipping

ricklev

My Honda Wave semi-atomatic with centrifigual clutch (I guess) seems to be slipping when it is under load (two people - heavy acceleration) Seems to be getting worse and sometimes it does it when its hot and I'm alone on the bike. I have about 11K on the bike.

Is there some adjustment that needs to be made and/or should have been made during normal maintenance or is this a transmission repair issue?

Anybody know the Thai phrase that describes a slipping clutch? It's somewhat intermittant so I might not be able to have them feel it.

Thanks.

Well, according to www.thai2english.com the word "clutch" is written as คลัตช์ and is pronounced as "klát" and broken is "ha`k" (if I remember correctly). Miming seems to work well too, but can be confusing. Good luck!

I think it would be a good idea for all of us on this forum to make a list of all the vocabulary for machines/mechanics. Does anyone know some?

Well, according to www.thai2english.com the word "clutch" is written as คลัตช์ and is pronounced as "klát" and broken is "ha`k" (if I remember correctly). Miming seems to work well too, but can be confusing. Good luck!

I think it would be a good idea for all of us on this forum to make a list of all the vocabulary for machines/mechanics. Does anyone know some?

One of TV's sponsors has just such a thing here,

http://www.expatmotors.co.th/phrases.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Well, you could just hand him the key. Any half competent mechanic should have that figured out in a few seconds.

Ahhhh....but there is the rub, right there!

Or, you could just adjust it yourself. I am not sure about the wave in particular, but most bikes that I have seen with the automatic clutch, the adjustment is very simple and easily accessible.