Problems With My New Tv....

taurusguy

Hi guys.....

I bought a 42" LCD TV recently and I'm not sure if I should regret buying it. I have both Wetv and Truevisions services. Well, to the problems now. The signal reception is really poor.I thought if I buy a LCD tv, the quality supposed to be crystal clear, but instead I'm getting a blur viewing from both wetv and UBC. Is there anything wrong with my tv or is it just the poor reception of the signal? Is it also because UBC hasn't got into HD quality just yet? Should I get myself a signal booster to improve the viewing quality? I really need some advices here. thanks alot.

Hi guys.....

I bought a 42" LCD TV recently and I'm not sure if I should regret buying it. I have both Wetv and Truevisions services. Well, to the problems now. The signal reception is really poor.I thought if I buy a LCD tv, the quality supposed to be crystal clear, but instead I'm getting a blur viewing from both wetv and UBC. Is there anything wrong with my tv or is it just the poor reception of the signal? Is it also because UBC hasn't got into HD quality just yet? Should I get myself a signal booster to improve the viewing quality? I really need some advices here. thanks alot.

i do not know what is your expectation, but do not sound right

i got my plasma and i did need to change my UBC box from a analogue to a digital, not sure if that is a help.

UBC is low bitrate digital, it looks awful on anything bigger than about 32"

You may score slightly by using, in order of preference and whay outputs your receiver has:-

HDMI

Component

S-video

Composite

I can see a marginal improvement between composite and s-video (my Rx doesn't have anything better) but to be honest UBC isn't really intended to be watched on a big screen.

Or simply sit further away :o

Thanks alot, guys. i subscribed for UBC less than 6 months ago.I"m not sure if it's digital, but I think it is. Shall I go to the electronic store and get myself a HDMI cable and connect it from the UBC receiver to the tv? I"m sorry if I ask stupid questions, but I'm not a gadget junkie. I just wanted to have good viewing pleasure.thanks again.

Thanks alot, guys. i subscribed for UBC less than 6 months ago.I"m not sure if it's digital, but I think it is. Shall I go to the electronic store and get myself a HDMI cable and connect it from the UBC receiver to the tv? I"m sorry if I ask stupid questions, but I'm not a gadget junkie. I just wanted to have good viewing pleasure.thanks again.

Easy way to tell if you are digital is to check your channels. The analog and digital channel numbers are different. I am not sure where you are going to plug the hdmi cable into. My Topfield box certainly does not have and hdmi out on the back of it.

taurusguy, some interesting reading here..

Best Lcd Tv For Ubc/true Vision, Which brand/model

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...amp;pid=1724035

Crap Ubc Picture Quality On New Lcd 46. Advice Please!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1595621

UBC/TrueVisions picture and sound is still very poor.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/lofiversion/...hp/t133589.html

TL

Viewing quality on a LCD screen is very poor unless it's a High Definition (HD) broadcast or a DVD (and even then it can be variable).

Not necessarily true.

I have a 32" LCD TV driven by signals direct from NileSat and HotBird and the results are good.

The same is true on a friend's 50" plasma screen.

Most of the problems described above are down to UBC/TRUE :o