Purapool Anyone?

stevehaigh

• 2 weeks later...
i'm thinking of buying a purapool system, http://purapool.com/how.html

it sanitizes the water without chlorine or salt (i don;t like salt water pools).

does anyone have any experience with this system, i'd like to hear from some real users before i buy.

thanks, steve

Hi Steve,

The Purapool system is great! I live on Samui and changed my pool over from salt some time ago on the recomendation of a few friends and I havnt looked back! the water is far better to swim in and the pool water is super clear. I also changed my sand media in the filter for Purapool's glass and the clarity has improved beyond belief, before it was cloudy, expecially noticeable at nightime through the lights. The guy's were great too, both of the owners are from the UK as is their Chief Engineer who lives on Koh Phagnan. Highly recommended!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to reach this company for over a week now, have sent two email inquires and their phone number [as posted] is not a working number. I'm interested in their recycled glass filter media and possibly their chlorine free system [depending on prices].

the phone number they post is +66[0]77 960 565 and says 7/24 service....but can't get thru.

If anyone knows a more direct contact, please pass it along thru this forum.

thanks in advance....

JDG

• 1 month later...
i'm thinking of buying a purapool system, http://purapool.com/how.html

it sanitizes the water without chlorine or salt (i don;t like salt water pools).

does anyone have any experience with this system, i'd like to hear from some real users before i buy.

thanks, steve

Steve, did you install a purapool system already? Would be nice to hear your experiences so far..

• 5 months later...

Purapool is making a lot of publicity about chlorine free swimming pools and its Copper System ...

When you go inside their shop, please have a look what they sell the most : liquid chlore and their pH min product : another chlore combination !!!

I decided to make my pool myself (in Koh Samui), and therefor took information, not only from Purapool or UK companies, but all over the world. I discovered so much possibilities to make chlorine free (or chemical free) swimming pools. Finally I found what I was looking for in Europe.

I imported myself a full automatic (electronic) Copper and Silver Ioniser ... the same machine who is making ions into my swimming pool water (it kill all bacteries, algues, micro-organisms, salmonella, ... better then Chlore) is also detecting permanently the pH level (which is very important with the Cu system) and adjusting automatically the pH level !!!

Important, for private pools you can use this single system, but for public pools and especially here in Thailand with 30 degrees temperature its important to know that you can NOT have a 100 % chlore free pool !!!

Instead of using 100 % chlore this Ioniser will reduce your chlore necessity to about 5 to 10 % (this is an important gain of 90 % chlore) the 10 % that you will use is really NOT longer dangerous and will not make chloramides.

Our system is perfect working and is cheaper ! Also we found out of Samui cheaper pumps, cheaper filters ...

If you are going to make your swimming pool or if you want to convert your water treatment of existing pool into my ionisation system, you can contact me via email [email protected]

We can provide Full Automatic electronic regulated Copper/Silver Ionizators for any pool sizes.

We can install them to European norms.

We also sell and install pool pumps, pool filters aso

We are the cheapest : An example ... (please compare prices with other distributors)

a 20" filter we sell 8.000 baht

a 38" filter we sell 14.000 baht

a 1/2 HP water pump we sell 6.000 baht

a 3 HP water pump for 17.000 baht

Our pH min is no longer Hydrochloric Acid (HCl) but H2SO4 !!!

Finally I bought some inlets and tabs from Purapool and after 2 months I had (already) to replace O-rings ... but they cannot or dont want to sell me spare parts !!! I think they are not really happy that I found a better and cheaper system myself for water treatment.

(I bought 13 Purapool tabs at 1.800 Baht each ... can not longer use them after 2 months ... due to broken O-rings) so I lost 23.000 baht !!!

Other questions ? Please ask me , I will be happy to reply all of them.

• 2 years later...

So, what do you normally spend on chlorine in comparison? eg how many m3 to cost of chlorine per month?

Isn't Cu a metal? surely copper ions aren't healthy? Geez the Japanese will tell you now that having metal ions in the water isn't such a cool idea but sure strontium is a touch more nasty than copper, but just the same it's not good...

Purapool is making a lot of publicity about chlorine free swimming pools and its Copper System ...

When you go inside their shop, please have a look what they sell the most : liquid chlore and their pH min product : another chlore combination !!!

I decided to make my pool myself (in Koh Samui), and therefor took information, not only from Purapool or UK companies, but all over the world. I discovered so much possibilities to make chlorine free (or chemical free) swimming pools. Finally I found what I was looking for in Europe.

I imported myself a full automatic (electronic) Copper and Silver Ioniser ... the same machine who is making ions into my swimming pool water (it kill all bacteries, algues, micro-organisms, salmonella, ... better then Chlore) is also detecting permanently the pH level (which is very important with the Cu system) and adjusting automatically the pH level !!!

Important, for private pools you can use this single system, but for public pools and especially here in Thailand with 30 degrees temperature its important to know that you can NOT have a 100 % chlore free pool !!!

Instead of using 100 % chlore this Ioniser will reduce your chlore necessity to about 5 to 10 % (this is an important gain of 90 % chlore) the 10 % that you will use is really NOT longer dangerous and will not make chloramides.

Our system is perfect working and is cheaper ! Also we found out of Samui cheaper pumps, cheaper filters ...

If you are going to make your swimming pool or if you want to convert your water treatment of existing pool into my ionisation system, you can contact me via email [email protected]

We can provide Full Automatic electronic regulated Copper/Silver Ionizators for any pool sizes.

We are the cheapest : An example ... (please compare prices with other distributors)

Finally I bought some inlets and tabs from Purapool and after 2 months I had (already) to replace O-rings ... but they cannot or dont want to sell me spare parts !!! I think they are not really happy that I found a better and cheaper system myself for water treatment.

(I bought 13 Purapool tabs at 1.800 Baht each ... can not longer use them after 2 months ... due to broken O-rings) so I lost 23.000 baht !!!

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Where do you buy the H2SO4 ? How much is it?

Cheers!

quote name='mika255' timestamp='1227780977' post='2359995']