Bargain Condos Near Asoke Now?

And I am afraid I mean cheap more than bargain, but bargain cheap is v good! :o

The current plan is to wander around knocking on doors/going to reception asking.

Is there a better way to find something to buy?

Thank you!

the problem you will encounter is , you can ask 4 different thais the cost of something and you will get 4 different answers. this is based on how much they think they will make on the deal.

i know houses that have had as much as 50% marked up by sellers/agents, they will pay the owner what he is asking and pocket the difference.

if you read thai i would go to the enterance lobby reception area and look at the notice board.

even if you dont read thai, the important info will be understandable to you, the size of the condo will say something like 36m 72m etc.the price will say something like 1.2 2.4 etc etc,

after that start haggling, do a bit of background research, who owns the condo, how long as it been on the market etc etc, there are some bargains to be had, its a matter of sorting out the wheat from the chaff.

also you say asoke, how wide is your radius, and what do you mean by cheap, what is your budget?

the problem you will encounter is , you can ask 4 different thais the cost of something and you will get 4 different answers. this is based on how much they think they will make on the deal.

i know houses that have had as much as 50% marked up by sellers/agents, they will pay the owner what he is asking and pocket the difference.

if you read thai i would go to the enterance lobby reception area and look at the notice board.

even if you dont read thai, the important info will be understandable to you, the size of the condo will say something like 36m 72m etc.the price will say something like 1.2 2.4 etc etc,

after that start haggling, do a bit of background research, who owns the condo, how long as it been on the market etc etc, there are some bargains to be had, its a matter of sorting out the wheat from the chaff.

also you say asoke, how wide is your radius, and what do you mean by cheap, what is your budget?

Thank you for the good idea.

From Asoke station, about 10 minutes walk, say.

Price? 2million baht, maybe 3 million? Would I find anything for that? I have no idea :o

Thanks for the tips, everyone.

It is quite tiring, walking around in the heat and humidity. My poor feet! Often buildings are "rent only".

The "small" things, 75m!, near Asoke are very expensive, about 300,000 dollars... Surely I must not be finding bargains.

No answer to it but to keep pounding the streets...

Thanks for the tips, everyone.

It is quite tiring, walking around in the heat and humidity. My poor feet! Often buildings are "rent only".

The "small" things, 75m!, near Asoke are very expensive, about 300,000 dollars... Surely I must not be finding bargains.

No answer to it but to keep pounding the streets...

Try Monterey Place at the end of Soi 16. I have a condo there (not for sale!) and I believe that modernised units can still be had for under 3m baht IF THERE ARE ANY AVAILABLE. I now live in Phuket so can't ask for you but I found mine just using your pounding the streets method. For some reason, maybe age, this block does seem cheaper than many of the other nearby condos.

Asoke Towers are going for between 40 and 50K a square meter, right on the main Soi Asoke. It was a prime building when it was built, and is still pretty good.

They have big signs outside right now saying 'Condos for Sale'. I wouldnt be surprised if there were some firesales.