Visa Extension After 60 Days

Hi all,

I am a swiss citizen, before I came here i have ask a visa of 90 days to the royal thai embassy of Geneva, they give me 2 tourist visas of 2 months and said that i can go outside the thailand after my first 60 days and come back to obtain a new 30 days stamp on my pass, they said that i can go too to the nearest immigration office and ask an extension for the last 30 days. so I have bought a flying ticket for 90 days and I came here in august and at the bangkok intl airport they have give me the first 60 days visa tourist, but now i have read that the rules have changed during my staying here and I have read that i cannot onbtain a 30 days extension but only a 7 or 14 days. My question is what can i do ?

I will go to an immigration office the 7th october and show them my bank account, my return flying ticket and ask and pay for a 30 days extention will they give me 30 days extension or not ? (I have 2 visas of 2 months in my pass from the royal thai embassy)

Thank you for your precious help

Despite what is being said currently my local office IS still issueing 30 day extensions to 60 day visa's..

I dont know if the current flap that is going on has any other source that ThaiImmigration.com which has shown itself to be consistantly wrong on many issues. I think its a case of them printing it and it being repeated around.

Has anyone yet been declined a 30 day extension to a tourist 60 day visa ??? If so where ??

titi,

I am no expert, as I am trying to understand the visa rules as well, but I believe you can go to Sathorn Thai Immigration and get a 30 day extension. As I understand you arrived, got a 60 day, and now need a 30 day. If you wish to extend beyond that (90+), a 7-14 day will only be granted. I arrived on a 60 day as well, went to immigration on Aug. 31st and recieved a 30 day extension. After that I had to leave, via border run to get another 30 days (If I had not left I would have only gotten the 7-14days). I believe the 30days is possible, it was as of last month!? Much luck.

Hi all,

I am a swiss citizen, before I came here i have ask a visa of 90 days to the royal thai embassy of Geneva, they give me 2 tourist visas of 2 months and said that i can go outside the thailand after my first 60 days and come back to obtain a new 30 days stamp on my pass, they said that i can go too to the nearest immigration office and ask an extension for the last 30 days. so I have bought a flying ticket for 90 days and I came here in august and at the bangkok intl airport they have give me the first 60 days visa tourist, but now i have read that the rules have changed during my staying here and I have read that i cannot onbtain a 30 days extension but only a 7 or 14 days. My question is what can i do ?

I will go to an immigration office the 7th october and show them my bank account, my return flying ticket and ask and pay for a 30 days extention will they give me 30 days extension or not ? (I have 2 visas of 2 months in my pass from the royal thai embassy)

Thank you for your precious help

Just go into Immigration neatly dressed and ask for a 30 day extension. The cost is 1900 baht. I think you will be fine. Good luck.

Thanks for your replies guys it confort me a lot, because before to come here i have check all to stay in the law, and I was anxious about a post saying that after 60 days they give only 7 or 14 days and not more. If somebady had a problem after 60 days thank you to reply.