Multi-entry Marriage Visa Expires Dec 4th

My multi-entry 1 year marriage visa expires December 4th. I have a business trip scheduled to Ireland in November and get back into LOS November 19th. What do I do to renew and get another 1 year multi-entry, do I have to leave the country and if so is Penang the best place to get the renewal. I am a little confused on new and renew rules. I originally got a non-O single entry in HK and then had it extended to 1 year multi in Mai Sai. Do I have to go through all that again or is it easier for renewal. Help. Also I hear you experts talk about milking a 12 month visa to 15 months. Does this apply to me where I will be leaving and re-entering the country around the time my visa expires. My re-entry stamps for all my trips outside the kingdom this year all have December 4th as the until date. All help is much appreciated.

Thanks

As you are you will be able to stay until November 19 plus 90 days with your current plans. As Sunbelt said you might want to take the opportunity to obtain a new multi entry O during your travels as they are not automatic in the Asia region and single entry and extension of stay is the preferred method for those married to remain in Thailand for long periods.

If you can meet extension of stay requirements would highly advise taking that route as no need for visa runs and perhaps you could obtain PR status at some later point in time.

Why don't you get a One Year extension on your visa before you leave?

Or even when you come back.

You will get stamped in for 3 months on the 19th November, so you can apply around the 19th Jan.

It takes about 1 month or so to process, but if necessary they will give you an extension "Under Consideration".

You need 400,000 in the bank of 40,000 per month income,

then go to immigration with your wife and the following documents:

Application form plus photo

Passport - copy of all pages used since last visa.

Copies of Bank books

Letter from Bank certifying amount in account

Marriage Certificate

Wife’s household papers

Wife’s id card

Bank letter listing foreign exchange plus exchange certs

The fee is 3,800 baht.

If you need to travel afterwards, you can get a re-entry permit.

This is the best way to proceed.

You will get stamped in for 3 months on the 19th November, so you can apply around the 19th Jan.

It takes about 1 month or so to process, but if necessary they will give you an extension "Under Consideration".

Passport - copy of all pages used since last visa.

Copies of Bank books

Marriage Certificate

Wife’s household papers

Wife’s id card

The fee is 3,800 baht.

Don't increase the fee. It is 1,900 baht for the TM.7 that you require. The 3,800 baht would be extra for a multi entry re-entry permit if required (and you would not want to get that until after final extension approval). If you need to travel during under review period a single re-entry at 1,000 baht would be better.

You are also likely to be asked for photos together at home during first application and basic details of income (monthly income).

Passport  -  copy of all pages used since last visa.

Copies of Bank books

Marriage Certificate

Wife’s household papers

Wife’s id card

The fee is 3,800 baht.

Don't increase the fee. It is 1,900 baht for the TM.7 that you require. The 3,800 baht would be extra for a multi entry re-entry permit if required (and you would not want to get that until after final extension approval). If you need to travel during under review period a single re-entry at 1,000 baht would be better.

You are also likely to be asked for photos together at home during first application and basic details of income (monthly income).

This is exactly the process I went through for the first one year extension at Mai Sai. I already have shown them the 400k in the bank last December and it is still there and also we or my wife owns a home same one as last year and they (immigration) have already visited the house and have taken a photo of us out front. So it sounds to me that I need only go to Mai Sai Immigration before expiration and re-apply for another one year extension with all the same documentation as nothing has changed since last year when they approved it, except now we have a beautiful 4 month old son. :D Is this correct? No need to apply outside the country. :o

Thanks to all

This is exactly the process I went through for the first one year extension at Mai Sai. I already have shown them the 400k in the bank last December and it is still there and also we or my wife owns a home same one as last year and they (immigration) have already visited the house and have taken a photo of us out front. So it sounds to me that I need only go to Mai Sai Immigration before expiration and re-apply for another one year extension with all the same documentation as nothing has changed since last year when they approved it, except now we have a beautiful 4 month old son. :D Is this correct? No need to apply outside the country. :o

Thanks to all

Ok, I was confused as you talked of multi entry visa but you are really using a multi re-entry permit. Read it right the first time but on second read to make sure did not go far enough to see that you have already done the extension: sorry.

So if you are sure to get back before December 4 just do another extension of stay after your return. You should also take birth certificate for new child as believe they will want to put a copy in your file.

No need to apply outside the country but you are probably going to have to explain how you managed to live the last year without taking anything out of the 400k bank account (if that is the case). Normally you are expected to use that money and re fill it. You should not need photos this year.

Sorry I may not have used the correct terminology. Will do on my sons birth certificate. I meant to say the bank balance has never dropped below 400k but I do have plenty of activity with deposits and withdrawels during the year on my Thai bank account. I save all my ATM withdrawel slips from bank in the US which they gladly accepted last year (hopefully this year too) and also showed them direct deposit bank records from the company I do periodic consulting for into my bank in the US, so they know I am working when I make the frequent trips outside the kingdom.

Thanks Loburi for clearing this up, I will sleep better tonight. :o