Pediatrician On Phangan Or Samui?

Can anyone recommend a good pediatrician on the islands, preferably Phangan? I just had a kid and would like to get him all checked out by someone that specializes in kids. I also want to find someone that I can go to on a regular basis for check-ups.

Can anyone recommend a good pediatrician on the islands, preferably Phangan? I just had a kid and would like to get him all checked out by someone that specializes in kids. I also want to find someone that I can go to on a regular basis for check-ups.

Dr Donya at Bangkok Hospital on Samui.

Tel: 077 429 500

She is really great as a Doctor and personally.

I have known her for eight years and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

I don't know of any pediatrician on Koh Phangan. Just GP's. Most locals take their kids to Samui if its anything serious. For straight vaccinations etc, the local doctor is more than adequate.

3 very good pediatricians in Koh samui hospital in Nathon. 2 of them have private clinics (both on the mainroad thru nathon) and work some hours/week in the hospital.

I always went to the pediatric clinic first (almost never any queue) , let the doc look at my daughter, and if he felt he needed to check something more he´d book a time with him in the hospital. Clinic visit is very cheap, and the hospital is governmental so Thai 30 baht card covers everything.

/Easer

We are very satisfied using the two pediatricians in the Nathon clinics/Koh Samui Hospital. We have used the one at Bangkok Hospital who was also very good but the problem there is they go overboard on expensive testing and analysis and the hospital admin is hopeless.

Edited by Moe

• 9 months later...
We are very satisfied using the two pediatricians in the Nathon clinics/Koh Samui Hospital. We have used the one at Bangkok Hospital who was also very good but the problem there is they go overboard on expensive testing and analysis and the hospital admin is hopeless.

I can concur with this but would add that unless you go to see a doctor privately in Nathon, the wait at the hospital or in the new Maenam clinic can be up to four hours. For the sake of 50 baht, go direct to the surgery in Nathon (I wasn't aware there was more than one on the main road but will keep my eyes open next time).They can administer all vaccines and stamp the baby book as the govt hospitals do too.