Car World Club - Roadside Assistance

I'm interested in getting some feedback from people who have used Car World Club for roadside assistance in the event of a breakdown or other roadside assistance need. I'm trying to get a ballpark figure for the cost of their service and find out what experiences people have had with them. Are they the only game in town? If not, who are their competitors and what experience have you had with them?

I'm interested in getting some feedback from people who have used Car World Club for roadside assistance in the event of a breakdown or other roadside assistance need. I'm trying to get a ballpark figure for the cost of their service and find out what experiences people have had with them. Are they the only game in town? If not, who are their competitors and what experience have you had with them?

From memory, its about 1,200 baht a year. I had to call them out once because of a completely flat battery. Being automatic, I couldn't push the car to get it started. No charge.

I've had to be towed three times (no charge) by them, and on two occasions it was direct to the GM dealer who fixed the car while I waited. On the third occasion they were unable to fix my car, as it was impossible the get hold of the Opel spare part on a Sunday. The motorbike mechanic said he could have fixed it at the roadside if it had been a Toyota.

After that I sold the Opel and bought a Toyota instead, figuring that it would be considerably easier/cheaper to fix if it broke down. Of course, it never has . . . .

G

• 1 year later...

This service is already offered to Thai Visa members at a discount please look Here

• 1 month later...

This service is already offered to Thai Visa members at a discount please look

Hi I am new member in this forum and just registered today.

I am interested to apply and become a member of Car World Club, can I avail this special discount?

I am interested to apply and become a member of Car World Club, can I avail this special discount?

Yes, this is open to all Thai Visa members. Please complete the application form Here

Yes, this is open to all Thai Visa members. Please complete the application form

Thanks for info. I may consider this very soon.

I have been a member for several years and luckily have only needed to call them a few times, always in Bkk and usually due to flat battery which they can get started easily with jumper leads and their motor bike battery. Once my car broke down in an awkward place in heavy Sukhumvit traffic. A policeman was very helpful in helping push the car into a garage forecourt opposite and the Car World mechanic arrived in about 20minutes. He diagnosed a fuel pipe problem and was able to effect a temporary repair in about 40 minutes that got me home that day and to the repair shop the next day.

Of course there are things that they can't fix without parts or equipments and their roadside diagnosis isn't always going to be spot on but I think they are probably worth the money in Bkk and major cities. I would be curious to know what they are like, if you break down upcountry in the middle of nowhere. They do claim nationwide service.