Anyone Know About The Thai Massage School Of Chang Mai?

meya

Hello, I'm looking into the teacher training program at the Thai Massage School of Chang Mai. From the website the program looks incredible but I would love to speak with someone who has gone through it or perhaps knows more about the school first hand. And particularly what type of work graduates have done following their study in the program. Thanks!

I would rate them as in the top 3 Mass. schools in CM

I have known students, who have gone there and they all express nothing but the finiest of terms for the school.

While I cannot tell you specifically what they do when they go back home, it must be worth while as I have seen several of them come back for additional levels of training.

Most of these schools , [in my opinion] are nothing but PR sessions. give a little of the basics and have a graduation ceremony, give a diploma and out the door you go.

What most impressed me about this school , TMS, is that a couple months ago there was a guy here from Spain who had already gotten to Level 5, whatever that means. His class was taken to the Uni Hosp here to view and study a cadaver.

This really impressed me. I didn't think any of them went to that extent.

I would say you could not go wrong with them .

Hello, I'm looking into the teacher training program at the Thai Massage School of Chang Mai. From the website the program looks incredible but I would love to speak with someone who has gone through it or perhaps knows more about the school first hand. And particularly what type of work graduates have done following their study in the program. Thanks!

It's a solid program and the people are great. The one big key factor is that the program is NCBTMB accredited and the only school in Thailand that has it. If you need hours for your national certification in the US then its a bargain. If you don't need accredited hours in the US or Aus. then its a bit pricey compared to the smaller schools.

The nice thing about the program is the professionalism of the teachers and conduct it expects of the participants.

Earlier this year they nearly shutdown the program but due to large outcry from past and future students they decided to continue the teacher programs.

If your already licensed or certified in the US to do massage then its good addendum. If you have no hours or certification in the states and want to do massage professionally then the TMC is nearly worthless because no states that I know about will accept the schools hours because they don't conform. Of course you could take the class and just work under the radar or in the few remaining states that don't require cert like Colorado.

As far as using those skills back home then it depends on your market. Thai massage is a relatively small market in the US. We had it on our menu at a spa in Telluride Colorado and occasionally people would try it out of curiosity but its still a small niche. Might be better in other markets or countries but most people seem to prefer deep tissue swedish style. I have a theory that if you lowered the price of Thai massage then the demand would grow. Unfortunately lowering the price much more makes massage in the US even less attractive way to make a living.

I would rate them as in the top 3 Mass. schools in CM

I have known students, who have gone there and they all express nothing but the finiest of terms for the school.

While I cannot tell you specifically what they do when they go back home, it must be worth while as I have seen several of them come back for additional levels of training.

Most of these schools , [in my opinion] are nothing but PR sessions. give a little of the basics and have a graduation ceremony, give a diploma and out the door you go.

What most impressed me about this school , TMS, is that a couple months ago there was a guy here from Spain who had already gotten to Level 5, whatever that means. His class was taken to the Uni Hosp here to view and study a cadaver.

This really impressed me. I didn't think any of them went to that extent.

I would say you could not go wrong with them .

Thanks very much for your input, I was wondering what were the other top massage schools you were thinking of in CM?

It's a solid program and the people are great. The one big key factor is that the program is NCBTMB accredited and the only school in Thailand that has it. If you need hours for your national certification in the US then its a bargain. If you don't need accredited hours in the US or Aus. then its a bit pricey compared to the smaller schools.

The nice thing about the program is the professionalism of the teachers and conduct it expects of the participants.

Earlier this year they nearly shutdown the program but due to large outcry from past and future students they decided to continue the teacher programs.

If your already licensed or certified in the US to do massage then its good addendum. If you have no hours or certification in the states and want to do massage professionally then the TMC is nearly worthless because no states that I know about will accept the schools hours because they don't conform. Of course you could take the class and just work under the radar or in the few remaining states that don't require cert like Colorado.

As far as using those skills back home then it depends on your market. Thai massage is a relatively small market in the US. We had it on our menu at a spa in Telluride Colorado and occasionally people would try it out of curiosity but its still a small niche. Might be better in other markets or countries but most people seem to prefer deep tissue swedish style. I have a theory that if you lowered the price of Thai massage then the demand would grow. Unfortunately lowering the price much more makes massage in the US even less attractive way to make a living.

Thanks for your help. I am not licensed in the States, but I'm also not sure I'll be returning home any time soon. It seemed TMC had accredidation in quite a few countries including Canada (a possibility for me in the future) and that was appealing, even if those hours cannot be applied to a western certification at this point I'm feeling like I just need to jump in and explore the field. The program seems pretty solid and I really like the integration within the community and working with elderly and disabled persons.

Thanks again.