Kevin Quill Sent Back To Prison For Six Years

wpcoe

Why does this Kevin Quill thread refuse to die? Every few months, it seems like someone has some silly new post to add (including this one :o ). This fella was involved in funny-business in thailand and got caught with his pants down (pun intended). He got sent up the river on maybe bum (intended) evidence. So what, happens all the time in LOS. End of story...hopefully, end of thread!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does this Kevin Quill thread refuse to die? Every few months, it seems like someone has some silly new post to add (including this one :o ). This fella was involved in funny-business in thailand and got caught with his pants down (pun intended). He got sent up the river on maybe bum (intended) evidence. So what, happens all the time in LOS. End of story...hopefully, end of thread!

If you think a story like this, with all the dish about big business gay bar/hotel owners (some in frocks and wigs), big money dealings, murders of farang business partners, charges of being setup and defenses, the appearance that a possibly innocent (of the charge) man is rotting in a Thai hellhole happen everyday, well, you are just wrong. Totally wrong. This is a one of a kind case and interest in it is not going away, at least as long as the main characters live.

Edited by Jingthing

If you are not interested in this thread don't read it leave it for the people that are. Simple!

Cheers, Rick

Anybody that reads through what Drummond has documented along with the links provided would have very little doubt that this is a set up.

How much evidence do posters here need to have before they believe something?

The whole case stinks to high heaven.

While the case does seem to be rife with controversy, I wouldn't place too much faith in anything Drummond writes. AFAIC, if a journalist publishes a story, then decides to apologize for it, he loses pretty much any credibility he had. He has his share of admirers and critics. Some think he's the second coming of Woodward and Bernstein, others think he's a glorified amubulance chaser.

And yes, I read through Drummonds site and the links, and I didn't see anything that would be likely to sway a jury. A good lawyer in his home country might have got him off, but on the other hand, a good prosecutor would have probably been able to get a conviction as well.

And while I don't know the guy, I would find it extremely hard to believe that he was a virgin in the world of "shady business".

Was he set up by his partners ? Possibly.

Was he doing things that made it easy to be set up (i.e. smuggling ciggies) ? Apparently so.

Does someone in authority (as in high up in the judicial system) know more about what happened, or other things that may have happened ? Quite possibly. After all, I'd think it would be somewhat unusual for an appeals court ruling in a relatively minor affair to be overturned by the Supreme Court in short order.

Of course, it wouldn't have anything to do with a lower level of judiciary (the appeals court) perhaps being easier to, uh, "convince" that someone's conviction should be overturned ?

Just what are his former partners up to these days anyways ? Business as per normal ?

An injustice is an injustice no matter what the history might be of the accused and convicted.

The background of the reporter Andrew Drummond again has nothing to do with the facts that have been presented.

The scary thing of course is that it is so clearly a stitch up and yet nothing can be done it seems to change the course of the Thai legal system.

Neither the testimony of some respected Thai policeman, or the overtures of the British government have managed to overturn an obvious case of mis justice.

For those of us who spend a lot of time in Thailand it is also a little depressing to hear of such cases as it exposes our own vulnerability to the vaguaries of a system that offers littlel comfort or help to those that are not highly connected or in business with some of the corrupt elements in the system.

• 1 year later...