Baht Bus Driver Passes-out And Collides With Other Vehicles In Soi Beokeow.

Pattaya_Fox

Baht Bus Driver passes-out and collides with other vehicles in Soi Beokeow.

There was drama on Soi Beokeow in the early hours of Thursday Morning involving Baht Bus Number 601 driven by Khun Mut aged 58. Police and rescue workers were called to the front of the Bank of Ayutthaya following reports of a road crash. At the scene, the Baht Bus had collided with 2 motorbikes and 1 car. No injuries were reported however the Baht Bus Driver was in a bad way. He appeared short of breath and had apparently collapsed as he was driving his Baht Bus which led to the collision with the other vehicles. Khun Mut was taken to Hospital and we understand that he has collapsed before while working. There are now calls for Baht Bus drivers to undergo regular medical examinations before they are issued with their taxi licenses.

Pattaya City News

Thursday 10th April 2008

post-15964-1207829502_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1207829512_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1207829522_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1207829531_thumb.jpg

Hmmm. Nobody hurt. Suppose farangs don't count. My mate was one of the bikes he ran into and his leg is now in a plaster cast, he is badly bruised and bed ridden.

Apparently noone offered assistance, police weren't interested and he had to make his own way to hospital on a motor bike taxi.

It's wonderful how much farangs are respected in the land of smiles, or should I say barely tolerated.

On a positive note. He got a call from the police and the taxi company will pay for the damage to his bike and hospital bills.

Hmmm. Nobody hurt. Suppose farangs don't count. My mate was one of the bikes he ran into and his leg is now in a plaster cast, he is badly bruised and bed ridden.

Apparently noone offered assistance, police weren't interested and he had to make his own way to hospital on a motor bike taxi.

It's wonderful how much farangs are respected in the land of smiles, or should I say barely tolerated.

On a positive note. He got a call from the police and the taxi company will pay for the damage to his bike and hospital bills.

I guess their is respect afterall.

Barry