Cheaper Flights To Uk/london

Super Hans

Anyone know which is generally the cheaper to fly from? Or is it unlikely to make a difference?

Cheaper from HK if you fly Oasis.. oh..

Depends on the rest of your itinerary. If you are stopping over for a few days on the way to somewhere, the difference in price of accomodation will make Bangkok the cheaper option.

I thought I was being clever by booking my flight with Oasis to HK for £196 then planning to get a £40 Air Asia flight to BKK. Now it looks like I've lost my £196 and I'm going to have to shell out for a flight with a normal carrier anyway. Doh!

Are there any other cheap budget flights that go from the UK to somewhere that serves BKK via a budget carrier like Air Asia? Should I just hunt down one of those £350 one-way London to BKK flights instead?

I thought I was being clever by booking my flight with Oasis to HK for £196 then planning to get a £40 Air Asia flight to BKK. Now it looks like I've lost my £196 and I'm going to have to shell out for a flight with a normal carrier anyway. Doh!

Are there any other cheap budget flights that go from the UK to somewhere that serves BKK via a budget carrier like Air Asia? Should I just hunt down one of those £350 one-way London to BKK flights instead?

Air Asia X????

Retun flights still available for £380. Depends on your dates.

Who with? What dates?

I very nearly bought a ticket from HK to London. Glad I didn't now. I did buy a 40 quid AA ticket to HK though - will have to buy one back now!

Who with? What dates?

Your dates, silly. 30 day ticket though.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Give us an example of the actual savings to be had.

Out BKK= THB 48137,-

OUT SIN= THB 34190,-

The flight to Singapore take of course away some of this saving, depends on you.

Last week of April I fly down with Tiger Airways from HKT and return in May, the total savings is THB 11000,-

If you fly with Silkair your savings will be only about 2500,- Baht. But well, Silkair and Changi is in my opinion a bit more likeable than Thai or Air Asia domestic, and Suvarnabhumi.

The above ticket (except Tiger) is bought online through a Europeen online travel agency.

:o

Give us an example of the actual savings to be had.

Out BKK= THB 48137,-

OUT SIN= THB 34190,-

The flight to Singapore take of course away some of this saving, depends on you.

Last week of April I fly down with Tiger Airways from HKT and return in May, the total savings is THB 11000,-

If you fly with Silkair your savings will be only about 2500,- Baht. But well, Silkair and Changi is in my opinion a bit more likeable than Thai or Air Asia domestic, and Suvarnabhumi.

The above ticket (except Tiger) is bought online through a Europeen online travel agency.

European travel agency selling tickets from Singapore outbound or did your ticket originate from Europe?

Relatively cheap tickets are still to be had from London if you are leaving before July are are flexible in your travel arrangements. £370 return is acheivable.

I've just booked BKK to London for 7/7. Cheapest I could get was Oman Air at 34000 rtn, but I am not using them. Next cheapest was Qatar Air at 39,000 Baht thats 630 GBP's bloody expensive and with a stopover!!! Direct on Eva was 43,500 over 700 quid! This is for a 6 month ticket. Cheap flights are gone I think.

European travel agency selling tickets from Singapore outbound or did your ticket originate from Europe?

Yes, European travel agencies selling tickets online from Singapore, Bangkok, Malaysia etc, to Europe, USA, wherever you want to go and the traveller not need to be the owner of the Credit Card used to purchase the ticket. All you need when checking in is your reference number and ID.

How they make money, take a low profit, but sell a lot.

Yes, European travel agencies selling tickets online from Singapore, Bangkok, Malaysia etc, to Europe, USA, wherever you want to go and the traveller not need to be the owner of the Credit Card used to purchase the ticket. All you need when checking in is your reference number and ID.

Got any contact info ? I'm looking to get to London, have checked BA @ around 700 GBP - Thai and EVA about the same - Thai Visa Travel is NOT working and cant be contacted !!!! - any help would be appreciated. Travelling out of BKK mid -late June

Got any contact info ? I'm looking to get to London, have checked BA @ around 700 GBP - Thai and EVA about the same - Thai Visa Travel is NOT working and cant be contacted !!!! - any help would be appreciated. Travelling out of BKK mid -late June

One way? Return? I'm sure that you wouldn't approach a travel agent with so little info.

As stated, 34k return is possible if you are flexible, also with reference to the duration of your stay.

One way? Return? I'm sure that you wouldn't approach a travel agent with so little info.

As stated, 34k return is possible if you are flexible, also with reference to the duration of your stay.

Sorry, I assumed by the 700 GBP (43k baht) stated previously that people would know it was RETURN I was looking for, I cant imagine anyone payimg 700 for a one way and YES I can be very flexible with dates.

If you have an oasis ticket Virgin are offering HK LON for about £207 single - but you have to phone them.

See Virgin Atlantic's web site for details.

Visited Virgin Website - AMAZING - HK to London around 390 GBP RETURN ! - EXCELLENT - Thanks for the info.

If you have an oasis ticket Virgin are offering HK LON for about £207 single - but you have to phone them.

Visited Virgin Website - AMAZING - HK to London around 390 GBP RETURN ! - EXCELLENT - Thanks for the info.

That's a great price. Watch out for UK departure taxes on top of that figure, from what I understand these days they are significant.

That's a great price. Watch out for UK departure taxes on top of that figure, from what I understand these days they are significant.

If that figure doesn't include taxes then it most certainly is not a great figure. I expect it does include taxes as flights from LHR to HKG are (certainly were) available over Christmas for around £400 RTN. We're flying from MAN to HKG in December & I only paid £375 RTN including taxes. Even when you add in the cost of onward flights to BKK it's certainly cheaper than flying direct/indirect to BKK over the Christmas and New Year period.

Fly original flight with OASIS to HK and get ferry to Macao, then Air Asia Macao to BKK.

I saw somewhere that 12go have a HK to BKK for a similar price to air asia but only one flight a day. Air Asia from Macau I think it is 4 flights a day. Also you get a snack on 12go

Fly original flight with OASIS to HK and get ferry to Macao, then Air Asia Macao to BKK.

That's of course if it were possible to get a flight with Oasis. :o

There are some very good fares LHR-HKG with other airlines, BA at £194 single inc taxes spring to mind

Just checked the BA website, the fare is £70 - taxes etc £124.10 so a total of £194.10

Edited by briley

OAIS gone bust !

Notice to Oasis Hong Kong Airlines Passengers

It is with regret that Oasis Hong Kong Airlines announces that the airline has applied to the Hong Kong Court to appoint a provisional liquidator on 9 April 2008. The Court has appointed Edward Middleton and Patrick Cowley of KPMG as the provisional liquidators, and they have assumed control of the airline with effect from 1400h the same day Hong Kong time.

Our flight operations have been cancelled until further notice. The Provisional Liquidators are liaising with other airlines in order to help customers make alternate travel arrangements as quickly as possible.

British Airways/Oasis Hong Kong special fare

Summary

Passengers affected by news that Hong Kong based airline, Oasis Hong Kong Airlines will cease operations are being offered the opportunity to book with British Airways.

More information

A special fare from London Heathrow to Hong Kong of £194 one-way is available for sale from Thursday 10 April until Tuesday 29 April for travel up to 22 June 2008.

Customers can book with British Airways directly on ba.com or by calling 0844 493 0 787. Alternatively, they can book through a travel agent.

Conditions

The fare of £194 one-way is inclusive of all taxes, fees and charges and is for travel in World Traveller (economy).

Ticket restrictions apply and the fare is subject to availability.

It is available for sale from 10 April 2008 until 29 April 2008 for travel until 22 June 2008.

British Airways operates three flights per day to and from Hong Kong..

Proof of purchase of an Oasis Hong Kong Airlines ticket is not required.