Cheapest But Decent Quality Ground Beef

I've found it in Villa!

If you buy the pre-moulded burgers, it comes out to about 180/kilo and it's quite lean, and the quality is definitely decent.

You need not eat is as a burger, as you can defrost it and make it into other ground beef dishes.

For less lean (fatty) ground beef, Foodland has it for as low as 110/kilo on "special" days.

Do you know of a better deal in Bangkok for ground beef of decent quality??? :o

Edited by junkofdavid2

Here's some options. The Foodland mince is quite lean, if you can't get any suet, try buying half as much cheap ground pork (higher fat content) and mix. If you can find suet, mix with the foodland at 20% suet to mince. The key to flavor in any burger is fat content. I grind my own and use a 20% fat content, with a coarse grind. If suet is not available fat back pork works very well. Used to make patties with a tuna can top and bottom cut out, but got a burger press. Suggest you buy a quantity and form with a can, or by hand and freeze them, very easy to pop one out and fry it up. We do about 10 Kg that way and freeze.

Here's some options. The Foodland mince is quite lean, if you can't get any suet, try buying half as much cheap ground pork (higher fat content) and mix. If you can find suet, mix with the foodland at 20% suet to mince. The key to flavor in any burger is fat content. I grind my own and use a 20% fat content, with a coarse grind. If suet is not available fat back pork works very well. Used to make patties with a tuna can top and bottom cut out, but got a burger press. Suggest you buy a quantity and form with a can, or by hand and freeze them, very easy to pop one out and fry it up. We do about 10 Kg that way and freeze.

Where can you but stuff like that... a burger press... in Bangkok?

Is there like an area known for selling cooking equipment?

:o

to mold burgers just get a ring mold set, you can buy em in any dept store, get the size you like... remember the burger will shrink when cooked, make your mix pack it into your ring mold put em on wax paper and freeze em generaly it takes about 10 minutes to make 24 burgers this way......

The Gourmet supermarket at Emporium has the best steak mince and because everything is comparatively new there presentation and hygiene appears immaculate.Their outlet in Siam Paragon is even newer.

Can't be faulted for your Spag Bol or Chilli and homemade burgers have flavour without the greasiness found elsewhere.

Agree that Foodland is best for ground beef (per price and taste). I'm sure you can spend three timse as much tough and get something tastier in the gourmet places. Actually I wish Foodland would expand with a few more stores since there isn't one close to where I live. I think they have some of the best wine prices in town..and often a decent selection.