Cricket: India V Australia

Highwayman

Important test coming up between India and Australia. I might be down Chonburi way this week so can anyone suggest somewhere in the area to watch this?

Doesn't appear to be any coverage on UBC or ABC Asia-Pacific :o so l guess l'm looking for a bar or maybe an Indian restaurant. Needs to be somewhere that my wife isn't going to be unhappy about going i.e. fairly respectable. Something low key, similar to Bus Stop Bar in Bangkok would be fine.

Ideas and suggestions anyone? :D

Thanks for that 12Call. :D

I was going to be heading off there but turned on the tv at my sister-in-laws place (Chonburi area) and what were they showing but the cricket on a cable channel called Sports Live. Good coverage too, with Dean Jones etc.

The Victoria looks a good spot but as l wouldn't have been able to drink (anti-biotics :o ) l decided to watch it where l was.

Now l have to find out if Sports Live is available in Bangkok.

There are a lot of dumb "sports" in the Olympics. I would like ot see many of them pulled, and Cricket included. What do you think?.... and i am American. I have no interest int he sport, but it is a sport little different from baseball, and it is played in an awful lot of countries, so it should be in.

Sports to pull out of the Olympics.

Artsy "sports" and "sports" requiring certain equipment.

Artsy

Sync Swimming

Ice Dancing

Equipment

Anything with a horse. If you want a gold medal, get off the horse and jump the fences yourself. It is called the steeplechase.

Sailing.

Rowing is different. Men have been rowing bosts for a thousand years with little change, but the sail boats of today bear little resemblence to the boats of yore. Also, rowing propels the boat, not the wind.

Cricket already has a World Cup so no need for it to be included in the Olympics imo. In much of the world there is little or no interest. There are only about 10 countries where it is played at a top level.

I think some team sports like soccer have no need to be included in the Olympics as they also have a Word Cup (different age group l know). Much more important to soccer fans than winning a gold soccer medal.

Tennis is also a waste of time as the long established grand slam events are what players want to win, not an Olympic gold medal.