Ubc ..interference?

Pies

Just had UBC installed (again! after a 4 month layoff) it is working fine...nice new digital box and everything...OK.. So i decide to watch a DVD a week after the installation and i have vertical lines moving across the picture...the DVD is gen from UK and played ok before...Any theories?

Assume you're using a composite video cable (or S-video)... to hook up the DVD and/or the UBC.

In which case, other than a bad cable, I don't see what could be the problem. (To check that, you could try swapping cables with the UBC if it's currently giving you a good picture).

If both are going through the standard aerial cable, it could simply be that they're broadcasting on the same frequency. (in which case, there's usually a screw on the back that you can turn to change the frequency of one or the other. You'll then need to tune it in again on the TV)... If you turn off the UBC box and the problem clears up, that will be the problem.

However, using the standard aerial cable is always going to give you a worse picture than composite video, which is worse than using S-video, which is worse than using Component video...

We have the UBC digital box for the satellite package. Don't know if it's an analogue or digital box with cable.

I can't remember exactly but I don't think it has a digital sound output. IIRC, it has composite outputs (i.e. video + audio L and R) and S-video. Someone else may be able to look on the back of their box to confirm this...

Just had UBC installed (again! after a 4 month layoff) it is working fine...nice new digital box and everything...OK.. So i decide to watch a DVD a week after the installation and i have vertical lines moving across the picture...the DVD is gen from UK and played ok before...Any theories?

Pies, if you REALLY wanna see interference wait till it starts raining :o

Been there ..done that! This is my second year of fun viewing with UBC..at least now the "box thingy" tells you it is going to rain (clever eh!) But how else am i going to go through the agonies of following Man City!!