Pad To Seek Impeachment Of MPs Who Support Charter Amendments

george

PAD to seek impeachment of MPs who support charter amendments

BANGKOK: -- The People's Alliance for Democracy will gather signatures of 20,000 voters to seek an impeachment of People Power Party MPs if they support a motion amend the Constitution to avoid their party dissolution.

Suriyasai Katasila, secretary-general of the PAD said his group would initiate an impeachment process once the PAD submits a motion to Parliament to amend the charter to avoid party dissolution.

Suriyasai said such attempt would be regarded as a conflict of interest in charter amendments and MPs who are involved could be impeached.

-- The Nation 2008-04-13

Last time I heard they also were not going to submit the changes to a ballot of the people. That is just plain wrong. Seems like there should be some official process that is needed in order to change the constitution. Other than a coup that is. :o

The constitution should not have been changed under an interim government, perhaps that should be written into the next constitution. As for the PAD THEY SHOULD be renamed PAG, people against government, (unless they govern as dictated to by the pad.)

The Government were elected, who elected the PAD to do anything?

theres a point. Seems like the PAD are great at contesting points but inept or unwilling to run for government. I know they were in the running but still, give them a fight they don't need to win and its hands down.

It's called people's participatory democracy, as allowed for in the Constitution and normal in parliamentry democracies worldwide. The idea that you have to be an elected MP only to participate in politics is one I'm not familiar with. PAD are not a political party, they are a pressure group with a wide support base from civil society. That's all the legitimacy they need to do the things they do. They exist within the law and are legal. What's the problem? :o

theres a point. Seems like the PAD are great at contesting points but inept or unwilling to run for government. I know they were in the running but still, give them a fight they don't need to win and its hands down.

It's called people's participatory democracy, as allowed for in the Constitution and normal in parliamentry democracies worldwide. The idea that you have to be an elected MP only to participate in politics is one I'm not familiar with. PAD are not a political party, they are a pressure group with a wide support base from civil society. That's all the legitimacy they need to do the things they do. They exist within the law and are legal. What's the problem? :o

The problem is they represent themselves and some payable sheep.