Lovers Of Sweets....a Question For You :-)

webworldly

For a special night.....a friend wants to do a "super sampler" of as many different sweets and treats as possible without traveling much. So....looking for a location where you can buy small amounts from many different places......candies, chocolates, cookies, pastries, cakes, ice cream, gelato, etc.

At first I thought a hotel buffet might be a good place, but even though the amounts are unlimited, there are at most a dozen or so desserts and sweets to choose from at most hotel buffets. So then....I thought....maybe one of the malls where there are many more choices.

Would Emporium be the best? Would Siam Paragon be better? MBK mall?

Or is there an even better option?

Help us.....and I'll dedicate the final sweet treat for the night to you. :-)

CHEERS!

D

Just a friend of Sweets-lover....

Confectioneries, I would recommend "Central, Chidlom at 1F, Central Food Hall

Baking-things.... Siam Paragon, loads of.... may be too loads.. just focus on some shops around Gourmet Market.

Brownies & Soft Cookies- Ms.Sasa

Pastries, Bread - The Oriental Shop, Folies (Not sure there is)

Lemon Merigue Pie - only at HomeWork, as seen.

IceCream - Loads... I like Amaltery (IceCream for adult, has abt 5%alcohol)

Hope these help!

I just cooked a pancake and rapped it up in a toffee paddle pop covered it in maple syrup.

Dose anyone know where to get my stomach pumped?

Silom Soi 4???

Not a problem any more.

I washed it down mixing 4 packs of sweet cha yen with adding 2 packs of sugar and some nestles sweet milk.

Oh crap this isn’t my house!!!

Rather off-topic, but has anyone noticed how increasingly small the sizes of Mars' chocolate bars are getting, here in LoS?

The size of Mars; Snickers; Twix' etc is similar to the "Party Pack Bite Size" of eons ago. The price is increasing at inversely proportional rate though. The falling dollar may save my teeth yet. :o

im SURE that there is a restaurant in bkk which has a chocolate buffet. of course its probably called death by chocolate or something like that, but its worth googling.

personally, i just love the desserts at kuppa, and the toffee banoffe at the marriott is to die for.

There'a a great chocolate buffet at the Sukothai hotel -Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Lenotre at Paragon has a great selection of pastries, imo better than the Oriental shop but Oriental shop has better coffees and teas.

Edited by orchis

Numero Uno (Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa, 257 Charoennakorn Rd., 02-476-0022. Open daily 6am-midnight)

Try Al Majlis

and Crepes & Co sweets too.

Edited by donna

Wow!!! This thread was a little slow in developing....and I thought it was about over when talk turned to "stomach pumping"....lol!!.......but, the most recent comments have really brought it back to where I had hoped it would go. Thank you! Keep it up and bring on more "sweet treat" opinions and advice.

YUM!!!

CHEERS!

D

Wow!!! This thread was a little slow in developing....and I thought it was about over when talk turned to "stomach pumping"....lol!!.......but, the most recent comments have really brought it back to where I had hoped it would go. Thank you! Keep it up and bring on more "sweet treat" opinions and advice.

YUM!!!

CHEERS!

D

I helped get the party started!!

I guess I should be helpful and point out that I got all this junk food to mix my own recipes at tesco lotus . YUM YUM and OUCH!!

Yup....bkkblueeyes......you said it very well. A day of indulging in the sweetest treats always ends up with......"YUM, YUM, and OUCH!!".

So....since the "OUCH!!" is inevitable.....let's focus totally on the "YUM, YUM" part here so that it makes it worth the pain. :-)

CHEERS!

D

Hi

A member posted some recommendations about a place called Al-Majlis located at Soi Preedi 37 or you can also access the location via ekamai. Having looked at the attached link and also the reviews on the site, I decided to visit the Restaurant today at 3.30pm along with two other friends, one a Thai and the other a Singaporean, to check out the high tea and its selections of cakes and dishes.

I first called the restaurant at 2.10 pm to make reservations and was put on hold for about 10 minutes and the initial staff who answered could not speak English!

Having made reservations for high tea ( we specifically said that we were coming for high tea), when we arrived there there was only two other tables occupied by some typical Thai wannabe types. After we were seated, we were then told that they do not serve High Teas sets anymore but they did have a selection of cakes available. Except for one staff who was busy at his laptop who could speak English, the rest of the staff were totally unattentive and service was deplorable.We ordered an apple juice, an iced thai tea, a cantouloupe juice, a Moroccan Chicken Salad, A Crispy Pork Salad, Potato Wedges, A Chicken Biyani. (The menu was very limited.) All the food that came was tasteless and the worst that I have ever tried anywhere.

We then tried their cake selections, which we were told by the staff were not made inhouse but procurred from an source at Asoke. We choosed theree types of cakes.(all cakes where of the creamed based frozen types that you would find at Bakerzin (which have have all their outlets closed in Bangkok and some wre knockoffs of the types that you find at LeNotre. Anyway, we took a bite and did not finish our cakes as they were either been keep too long in the fridge!

At the end inorder to get the attention of the staff for our bills, we actually called the restuarant number on my handphone while still in the restaurant inorder to request for the check!

My advice to all.....DO NOT EVEN BOTHER TO GO TO THIS RESTAURANT. ALSO the pictures listed in the site and the actual place is really a bit different. Can some moderator actually please visit the restaurant and then judge foryourself and please remove the links on this site as other thiavisa members might also be mislead. Thanks.

Hi

A member posted some recommendations about a place called Al-Majlis located at Soi Preedi 37 or you can also access the location via ekamai. Having looked at the attached link and also the reviews on the site, I decided to visit the Restaurant today at 3.30pm along with two other friends, one a Thai and the other a Singaporean, to check out the high tea and its selections of cakes and dishes.

I first called the restaurant at 2.10 pm to make reservations and was put on hold for about 10 minutes and the initial staff who answered could not speak English!

Having made reservations for high tea ( we specifically said that we were coming for high tea), when we arrived there there was only two other tables occupied by some typical Thai wannabe types. After we were seated, we were then told that they do not serve High Teas sets anymore but they did have a selection of cakes available. Except for one staff who was busy at his laptop who could speak English, the rest of the staff were totally unattentive and service was deplorable.We ordered an apple juice, an iced thai tea, a cantouloupe juice, a Moroccan Chicken Salad, A Crispy Pork Salad, Potato Wedges, A Chicken Biyani. (The menu was very limited.) All the food that came was tasteless and the worst that I have ever tried anywhere.

We then tried their cake selections, which we were told by the staff were not made inhouse but procurred from an source at Asoke. We choosed theree types of cakes.(all cakes where of the creamed based frozen types that you would find at Bakerzin (which have have all their outlets closed in Bangkok and some wre knockoffs of the types that you find at LeNotre. Anyway, we took a bite and did not finish our cakes as they were either been keep too long in the fridge!

At the end inorder to get the attention of the staff for our bills, we actually called the restuarant number on my handphone while still in the restaurant inorder to request for the check!

My advice to all.....DO NOT EVEN BOTHER TO GO TO THIS RESTAURANT. ALSO the pictures listed in the site and the actual place is really a bit different. Can some moderator actually please visit the restaurant and then judge foryourself and please remove the links on this site as other thiavisa members might also be mislead. Thanks.

Although I had recommended 2 other places in my post but: Am truly sorry that you had such unpleasant experience in one of them :o

I went there about 6 months ago and the place was great, maybe it's just went down the hill as most things do here. I am not an owner and I don't have any affiliation with that place ;so I will ask the moderators to remove that link as you wish ,Sir.

Honestly;am asking you kindly to send me the bill that you had paid in that restaurant and I will pay you back the money you had spent there;I can't stand the feeling of being the reason in causing you that ''sad'' time .

My apology for that again.

Edited by zaza

Hi Zaza please do not feel bad about it as I guess you meant well. Checked with another three friends, who like me enjoy checking out new joints and they too commented that it was initially not like that but guess the standards have really gone down. I only posted the comments as I did not want any other TV member wasting their time and money at that place.

But removing the link would be great.

By the way if ever you are in Bkk Zaza and am bored, message me and I will be more than happy to take you to a few new joints in Bkk that offer great High Teas or pastry and confectionary selections, my treat.

Once again, sorry if you thought that i was directing the complaints directly to you na. Take care and have a pleasant day.