House Near The Airport

Ernesto

My GF has just agreed to rent a house on Amon Niwet near Tesco Lotus. She insists there is little or no noise from aircraft. I am happy that we got the house for a decent price (which doubtless would have increased massively If I had been around!) I cant go back for a few months and everytime I have been around there I have seen aircraft landing. Does anyone know if the airport runs through the night or what time planes start landing? cheers

If it is of any comfort

Capacity

The airport has a capacity of handling 24 flight operations per hour.

Hours of operation

06.00 a.m. - 11.30 p.m.

Taken from

http://www.chiangmaiairportonline.com/

I do believe that the airport was designed to handle 6 million per annum (p.a.) passengers and currently runs at 2 million p.a., so things may change...

Hours of operation

06.00 a.m. - 11.30 p.m.

Which makes me wonder what that nightly flight at about 2 a.m. can be......... I hear it over my place in Pa Tan (just north of the Superhighway) and it sounds big - fortunately already high enough by then not to be a bother.

Reality is that there are probably no more than 60-80 movements a day, plus the Korean plane that comes at 1am and leaves at 2am, and thats in high season, but then of course there is the noise from Wing 41, which can be annoying if they fly round for a long time.

I live no more than 1 klik from the end of the runway and the noise has never bothered us, in fact I can see my garden when I fly.

I get more concerned about the bloke who flys around two model aircraft, I am sure he is buzzing me on purpose, I ma gonna have to get some SAM's in I can see it

Reality is that there are probably no more than 60-80 movements a day, plus the Korean plane that comes at 1am and leaves at 2am, and thats in high season, but then of course there is the noise from Wing 41, which can be annoying if they fly round for a long time.

I live no more than 1 klik from the end of the runway and the noise has never bothered us, in fact I can see my garden when I fly.

I get more concerned about the bloke who flys around two model aircraft, I am sure he is buzzing me on purpose, I ma gonna have to get some SAM's in I can see it

Thanks, TP - now I know :o .

Edited by Steve2UK