2 Million Baht For Apartment Purchase == Need Recommendations

Hi all, considering purchasing a condo or small house (minimum 50 m2.) in Bangkok or near by. The budget is tide – 2 000 000 baht. The main questions are – what can I buy for this money and where can I buy? Suburban environment preferred, farang neighbors' is not a must. The purpose is a long term investment, consign for retirement (?). I'm not planning to stay in LOS at least for the next 5 years. Therefore the place might be offered for rent. I spent about a half year in Bangkok but still I can't make out which areas to examine and what kind of property should be preferred. Please advice… Also be kind and recommend some out-of-city neighborhoods which might be checked as well.

Google, for example, "seacon square condos for sale".

You may find condos in that price range. Most are not too bad to live in if you have to, to rent out 10-15K baht, Thai clientele. Many are gated communities with swimming pool and kids playground.

I am thinking to get one of those, 2BR and lock one room and store my things in, rent the rest at a discounted price.

At the end of the day, there is nothing in BKK other than shopping malls, the Seacon Square is the top one, does not matter where it is. With the new airport a few kms away and on the highway to Pattaya, not a bad location.

You may find condos in that price range. Most are not too bad to live in if you have to, to rent out 10-15K baht, Thai clientele. Many are gated communities with swimming pool and kids playground.

I am thinking to get one of those, 2BR and lock one room and store my things in, rent the rest at a discounted price.

At the end of the day, there is nothing in BKK other than shopping malls, the Seacon Square is the top one, does not matter where it is. With the new airport a few kms away and on the highway to Pattaya, not a bad location.

I'll check the Seacon. Thanks a lot. Are you looking right now? Did you have a chance to go on site and look?

I'll check the Seacon. Thanks a lot. Are you looking right now? Did you have a chance to go on site and look?

Next week.

Not much to look for - just to get a feeling if the place is or is not not crime ridden and is in a reasonable shape.

A 2BR, 1bath + parking could be 1.5 mil baht. Nothing like Emporium Suites but still more than a barely livable place.

Always rented out.

Thais renting it do not depend on economic ups and downs, mostly people who have to live somewhere + not in 1 room dwellings.

About 500-600US$ per square meter.

Great info, thanks!!! :o

Note these places are only 60sqm (around 500 sq. ft). Still quite a budget deal at 35,000 per sqm. Not sure how far off the beaten track (assume you know Srinakarin Road is far from the center of town - though a popular suburb near a nice park) - but do seem to recall that there are many of these identical buildings in the same complex - so hundreds of units if that matters to you - and only partially completed. They've been selling them for at least a couple of years now - but the photos look good!

Note these places are only 60sqm (around 500 sq. ft). Still quite a budget deal at 35,000 per sqm. Not sure how far off the beaten track (assume you know Srinakarin Road is far from the center of town - though a popular suburb near a nice park) - but do seem to recall that there are many of these identical buildings in the same complex - so hundreds of units if that matters to you - and only partially completed. They've been selling them for at least a couple of years now - but the photos look good!

Yep, but still I'm more interested in some outskirt muban house. I'm not a big fan of "let's-build-for-farang-as-quicker-as-we-can" projects. But where to find them? no idea

Hi all, considering purchasing a condo or small house (minimum 50 m2.) in Bangkok or near by. The budget is tide – 2 000 000 baht. The main questions are – what can I buy for this money and where can I buy?

There are a few developments in upper Sukhumvit where the new sky train is going to be, i think they are in the price bracket you mention.

Dont know the names but im sure someone on here will be able to help.

I'm not a big fan of "let's-build-for-farang-as-quicker-as-we-can" projects.

No danger - those start at about 2-3 times (for 1 BR) the money you want to pay and are never built quickly.

Quck and dirty elchipos are mainly, if not exclusivelly, for Thai market.

The trouble about those is, even if they are reasonably maintained, they may be a hotbed like Nirung complex in Pattaya where, somebody reported, one police raid netted dozen of criminals from different corners of the place.

Yep, but still I'm more interested in some outskirt muban house. I'm not a big fan of "let's-build-for-farang-as-quicker-as-we-can" projects. But where to find them? no idea

So you realize that means you give your Thai g'friend/wife the place right? It will never be yours, forget divorce, etc. Never. It will be her place - period/full-stop. Not 50/50..

As for 'farangs' - I don't think any of these cheaper places like the ones above are for farangs. In fact almost anywhere in Bangkok you're unlikely to find anywhere near the 49% ratio - more like 10-20%. These places aren't being built for farang - they are built to help thai-chinese families move their suspicious family money from burried in the garden into some 'real' estate. Many of these places just sit empty after that - for years. Others are bought for their kids..Others are pied a terre (a weekday place from which to commute for work - going home on the weekends)

Edited by thaigene2

If you want to live near Seacon square you are miles out one side of the city; good if you need to be there.

Otherwise consider checking out the Thai middle class developers:

LPN

Asian Properties

IDEO

for about 2m you can get a 1 bedroom in plenty of places right on the BTS/underground.

The slums of lower sukhumvit referred to earlier would include places like the Trendy, which is indeed a bit of a dump, but excellent location if you like hos.

If you want to live near Seacon square you are miles out one side of the city; good if you need to be there.

Otherwise consider checking out the Thai middle class developers:

LPN

Asian Properties

IDEO

for about 2m you can get a 1 bedroom in plenty of places right on the BTS/underground.

The slums of lower sukhumvit referred to earlier would include places like the Trendy, which is indeed a bit of a dump, but excellent location if you like hos.

Ok, Il''check it out. The problem is that I'm miles away right now and by googling I can't get the exact link to the Seacon square developers ...

Hi all, considering purchasing a condo or small house (minimum 50 m2.) in Bangkok or near by. The budget is tide – 2 000 000 baht. The main questions are – what can I buy for this money and where can I buy?

There are a few developments in upper Sukhumvit where the new sky train is going to be, i think they are in the price bracket you mention.

Dont know the names but im sure someone on here will be able to help.

Hmm, thanks, need to figure it out now. :-)

So you realize that means you give your Thai g'friend/wife the place right? It will never be yours, forget divorce, etc. Never. It will be her place - period/full-stop. Not 50/50..

As for 'farangs' - I don't think any of these cheaper places like the ones above are for farangs. In fact almost anywhere in Bangkok you're unlikely to find anywhere near the 49% ratio - more like 10-20%. These places aren't being built for farang - they are built to help thai-chinese families move their suspicious family money from burried in the garden into some 'real' estate. Many of these places just sit empty after that - for years. Others are bought for their kids..Others are pied a terre (a weekday place from which to commute for work - going home on the weekends)

so bottom line - give up muban and buy a condo? right?

I'm not a big fan of "let's-build-for-farang-as-quicker-as-we-can" projects.

No danger - those start at about 2-3 times (for 1 BR) the money you want to pay and are never built quickly.

Quck and dirty elchipos are mainly, if not exclusivelly, for Thai market.

The trouble about those is, even if they are reasonably maintained, they may be a hotbed like Nirung complex in Pattaya where, somebody reported, one police raid netted dozen of criminals from different corners of the place.

Criminals are not an issue, I mean I born in Russian federation and now how to deal with them. :-) My major concern now it's "where-to-buy" issue. Should it be muban or condo, Seacon or On-Nut, etc... BTW perhaps you could share a link to Seacon developers webpage or some contacts, I'll be more than appreciate... Thanks a lot, you are really helping me out!

Just over the other side of Taksin Bridge is an area called Klongsan there are a stack of new developments there, the new sky train stations open at the end of this year, you will be looking at 3mil Bht but they are quality developments that will soon be a 10 minute BTS ride into the City. Just an Idea

Edited by rick75

Hi all, considering purchasing a condo or small house (minimum 50 m2.) in Bangkok or near by. The budget is tide – 2 000 000 baht. The main questions are – what can I buy for this money and where can I buy? Suburban environment preferred, farang neighbors' is not a must. The purpose is a long term investment, consign for retirement (?). I'm not planning to stay in LOS at least for the next 5 years. Therefore the place might be offered for rent. I spent about a half year in Bangkok but still I can't make out which areas to examine and what kind of property should be preferred. Please advice… Also be kind and recommend some out-of-city neighborhoods which might be checked as well.

Check out www.forenterprise.com they have many properties in the price range you are looking for. they will also help you with local info etc.

2 million Baht can get you a new home in a gated community in Rangsit.... but they are too small for my tastes.

I recently found a place 210 sq meters for 7 million, which is in a gated community, and it was purchased new by a wealthy chinese, & they have never lived there... at all. It has sat there for 4 years!!!!!!!!!!

I have the cash to buy it, but I do not have the monthly income to mortgage it.... a strange delima. Oh yes, it would also be the wifeys house, and I would be a guest....

Amazing Thailand

Just over the other side of Taksin Bridge is an area called Klongsan there are a stack of new developments there, the new sky train stations open at the end of this year, you will be looking at 3mil Bht but they are quality developments that will soon be a 10 minute BTS ride into the City. Just an Idea

Thanks!

2 million Baht can get you a new home in a gated community in Rangsit.... but they are too small for my tastes.

I recently found a place 210 sq meters for 7 million, which is in a gated community, and it was purchased new by a wealthy chinese, & they have never lived there... at all. It has sat there for 4 years!!!!!!!!!!

I have the cash to buy it, but I do not have the monthly income to mortgage it.... a strange delima. Oh yes, it would also be the wifeys house, and I would be a guest....

Amazing Thailand

Well, my situation is quit different. I got now a full-time job in my native country, so my intention is to obtain a loan from the local bank, buy an apartment in BK, and rent it out than in few years when I've done with payments – to come over. The dilemma is how to roll all the things remotely, only doing short visits. Do you think it's possible? To rent it out to Thai and heed everything when you out of LOS? Regarding Thai wife – I'm a bachelor … :-)

Well, my situation is quit different. I got now a full-time job in my native country, so my intention is to obtain a loan from the local bank, buy an apartment in BK, and rent it out than in few years when I've done with payments – to come over. The dilemma is how to roll all the things remotely, only doing short visits. Do you think it's possible? To rent it out to Thai and heed everything when you out of LOS? Regarding Thai wife – I'm a bachelor … :-)

I think a much better plan would be to buy a place in your country and rent it out. You have certain advantages there - you speak the language and they have some kind of rule of law...I hope :D

Wait a few years and (hopefully) the capital appreciation will buy you a place outright in Thailand....If there isn't a global recession/property crash/financial meltdown in the mean-time :o

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL