Hire Car

GOWER

hi all,

i want to hire a car in surin when i get there in may for 2/3 weeks,

anyone know any good places or any places to hire from,

a newish 4 door would be nice, nothing to big or old

any idea how much ?

also would i be able to take the car to Cambodia for a day, (any paperwork/visa,etc)

as i want to take g/f & kids, as she keeps telling me its a nice place

thanks

Edited by GOWER

What I do is to hire a car in BKK and then drive to Issan from there. You can either pick one up at the airport, or have one delivered to any hotel in Bangkok. I've done the journey a few times now and its an effortless drive from Bangkok (Suk. area) to Korat / Buriram / Surin areas. I've always used Avis.

Londo

What I do is to hire a car in BKK and then drive to Issan from there. You can either pick one up at the airport, or have one delivered to any hotel in Bangkok. I've done the journey a few times now and its an effortless drive from Bangkok (Suk. area) to Korat / Buriram / Surin areas. I've always used Avis.

Londo

yes i did think about that, but after being 12 hours on a plane and ive only drove there once, with g/f & her sister ( telling me which way to go), i thought it would be easily to get a bus to surin then hire a car

A long drive straight off the plane is not for everyone, in particular if you are not used to Thai roads, taking a car from central BKK is probably best for those used to Thai driving in Bangkok - navigation is not easy in the city.

There are places (Thai and farang) that will have cheap cars availible locally in that part of the Thailand, but check what level of insurance is being offered to you - try to avoid people that offer 'full insurance' (often they only have private insurance cover which exludes rental!) Check that the car is covered for driving in Cambodia, I know my car is covered in Thailand only.

Try looking for a car rental company in Pattaya - gives you a good excuse should you need one to top and tail your holiday by the beach?