She Has Done It Again

Nignoy

She made one of these before and it sold for $4300 AUD? WOW! It looks nice and everything, and nothing against the wife, but who would pay such an amount? My mother and some of her friends make things like these and I could never imagine someone paying $10 on ebay for it, let alone $4300.

Edited by jstumbo

I will try and get a photo,Maybe the Mods can help the picture has already been published here on the Forum last year, as far as the price it sold for it was 4,300 dollars, silks and Aida cloth and stretching and framing cost over a 1000dollars it took 12 months to make, over 1.2 million stitches, made to order portraits or christening cushions sell regularly for 1000dollars australian, :o Nignoy

She made one of these before and it sold for $4300 AUD? WOW! It looks nice and everything, and nothing against the wife, but who would pay such an amount? My mother and some of her friends make things like these and I could never imagine someone paying $10 on ebay for it, let alone $4300.
If you would like to see the picture concerned before it was framed or stretched, you can use the search engine here on the Forum, the post is called Clever Wife Bangkok by Night,publish some of your mums xstitch :o Nignoy

Ah yes, I saw the kits with that picture selling on ebay for around $120. Are you also the one selling those kits. It it is someone in Thailand selling them.

I guess there is a whole market for finished product. I would have never guessed. I just thought it would be like most hobbies, where you do it for the enjoyment of it and that they would not be worth anything except for the sentamental value when you were finished.

Nice to make the $4300, but I imagine she would not want to make a job of it if it took her a year to finish.

I imagine after that amount of time her hands and fingers are a bit sore? I wonder if it could have long term effects on your hands if you did these for years? I had a friend in the US that was a masseuse and she had problems with her hands later on in life after working so hard with them giving massages.

Thanks for the positive input my wife is very pleased, Many of the advance Xstitch pictures come from a company in Chiangmai who also have a shop in Phuket town, but we design our own patterns, we can reproduce any photo as a xstitch picture I work out the pattern her who must be obeyed does the sowing, Bangkok by night is an enlarged version of a pattern from Chiangmai, :o Nignoy

I think this is the thread here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=128850

Totster :D

my wife has been working on that same one for more than a year now. she stopped a few months ago. now that i told her someone paid that much i think she will get around to finishing it.

how did you find a buyer?

The Bangkok by night picture was bought by a canadian lady for shop, but usually its word of mouth , my wife has sold pictures and commemorative portraits and cushions all over the world, never had to advertise this is a commerative cushion of an 87 year old Timneh grey parrot ,my wife stitched for a zoo diector in Germany :o Nignoy

post-11182-1208511339_thumb.jpg