Clean Fruit In Chiang Mai - No Pesticides

skoperism

Hello!

I try to stay healthy but every is always saying alot of fruit and vegtables contain a large ammount of pesticide.

Does any one have any reliable information on contamination in Fruits and vegtables.

What I would like to Know.

1. What fruits are more suseptable to contamination with pesticides? Whats safe / Whats not?

2. Where can I buy organic fruit and vegtables?

3. A lot of people say berries are the word contaminated fruits? Where can I get clean strawberries, blackberries or any other berries?

On another note?

Is there any locally grown avocardo in CM?

Hello!

I try to stay healthy but every is always saying alot of fruit and vegtables contain a large ammount of pesticide.

Does any one have any reliable information on contamination in Fruits and vegtables.

What I would like to Know.

1. What fruits are more suseptable to contamination with pesticides? Whats safe / Whats not?

2. Where can I buy organic fruit and vegtables?

3. A lot of people say berries are the word contaminated fruits? Where can I get clean strawberries, blackberries or any other berries?

On another note?

Is there any locally grown avocardo in CM?

real organic is hard to come by. Peeling all fruits helps.

There are some fruits available fresh like Tomato's.

Go to Ban Suon Pak store and talk to the owner Nong. She speaks very good english and tests her produce every week. She says there is lots of claimed organic but little is really clean.

Ban Suon Pak store is on the road that extends east from the North East corner of the Moat. Its on the way to the American Embassy. Store in on the south side in little complex with vegetarian restaurant at the front.

Also some organic produce can be had at the Aden Store on Nimannhemin and right next door to Warm Up club.

Hope that helps

post-27132-1208447317_thumb.jpg

Any of the King's Produce shops such as the one at the airport and all Tops Markets have quite a large organic produce section.

Dustoff ... I just went to Tops at KSK. Figured I was missing something and looked all thru the produce section and only saw some organic sprouts. Is the organic marked only in Thai language or something?

Or you could go to the Thai Royal Project market, on Huay Kaew Rd. on the north side of the street, midway between the main entrance of CMU, and the Chiang Mai Zoo. Lots of other goodies available other than organic produce....german-style cheese, smoked fish, honey, various teas- all produced by this organization to provide an alternative income to various ethnic minorities to that bad black stuff you put in a pipe....check it out.