Hotels/resorts In Buri Ram

john b good

It looks like I might be traveling to Buri Ram and spending a few nights there.

What are the better hotels in Buri Ram and maybe someone might also give a heads up on what resorts there are in close proximity to the city.

Been there 3 - 4 times but it has been some time now.

Any info will be gratefully received :o

Edited by john b good

What are the better hotels in Buri Ram and maybe someone might also give a heads up on what resorts there are in close proximity to the city.

Can't help with the resorts....but a look here http://buriramexpats.com/hotels.shtml shows 3 hotels and info.

I have stayed at the Thep Nakorn Hotel, and it is fine.

There are also a heap of other places to stay around town from 350 - 700 bht. All ok for a few days if the other dont suite.

Can't help with the resorts....but a look here http://buriramexpats.com/hotels.shtml shows 3 hotels and info.

There are also a heap of other places to stay around town from 350 - 700 bht. All ok for a few days if the other dont suite.

Thanks for coming back.

Now that I see it I did stay at the Vongtong some years back.

As I remember it the bl**dy air-con was not working.

Thanks again.

Thanks for coming back.

Now that I see it I did stay at the Vongtong some years back.

As I remember it the bl**dy air-con was not working.

Thanks again.

I would go with the Thep Nakorn, even though it is a little way from the centre. I was put off the Vongtong a couple of years ago when I tried to book by telephone and the hotel was quite openly using two-tier pricing. Even though I wanted two rooms and one was for Thais only, they wouldn't drop the price of the room for my wife and I below the 'farang' rate. I was told this was the (then) new manager's policy. Hope that he's no longer in the job, but this stance means I would never stay there. The hotel is anyway not in the ideal location. Another option, the Thai Hotel, is nearer the farang hangouts but is a pretty dreadful hotel.

Edited by citizen33

Stayed at both Vongton and Thepnakorn. Vongton is in town and convenient, a little older, restaurants, internet close by, bus station close by. Thepnakorn is newer with a pool, but a little outside of town or on the edge of town. You will need a car or motorbike. Check the Buriramexpats site for hotel and Car information. Have a good stay.

I used to stay in the VongTong, but gave up after a few trips.

I much prefer The Siam Hotel now. Rooms are clean and the beds are lovely. They have a wee cafe for breakfast and meals and a couple of PC's in the lobby for web access. Laundry is very cheap. Only minus point is that the phones in the guest rooms do not have outside lines available.

Its about a 5 minute walk to one of the main streets in the city and a bit further to the Bamboo bar. I like it.

I have one of their cards upstairs that I can dig-out if you need it. I will be there at the end of next week.

Londo

Best option is to stay in the vong-thong hotel area. its inside the city,near the bus-station and have few cheap hotels (300-450B/night).

Best hotel in Buriram is definatlly Thep-nakorn. but need motorbike or a car.

I think that anyway need to have at least motorbike in Buriram as there's no taxi around,only in Bus-station.

I always stay in the Thep-Nakorn and rent a car from the buriramexpats guy, this is how I can stay in a good hotel and can travel around the city in comfort + visit my girlfriend village.

Good luck. :o

Edited by katom

I used to stay in the VongTong, but gave up after a few trips.

I much prefer The Siam Hotel now. Rooms are clean and the beds are lovely. They have a wee cafe for breakfast and meals and a couple of PC's in the lobby for web access. Laundry is very cheap. Only minus point is that the phones in the guest rooms do not have outside lines available.

Its about a 5 minute walk to one of the main streets in the city and a bit further to the Bamboo bar. I like it.

I have one of their cards upstairs that I can dig-out if you need it. I will be there at the end of next week.

Londo

Good hotel, wella who owns the bamboo and mo from the bookshop opposite, own this hotel, they both showed us around when they were doing the place up, made a damm good job of the place, and nice entrance and rooms.

Siam Hotel is good but no pool,but you can walk into the bars.The theprakon has a new complex very near it with girls dancing or group playing so no need to enter the town but drinks a bit dear 100 baht a beer.