Englishman Sets His House On Fire Following Argument With Girlfriend.

Pattaya_Fox

I have blow-ups with my other half all the time and 3 - 4 years down the line (can't remember), neither of us has set fire to the house. He just sleeps with the dogs and I go to bed! I just think there is more to the story than what has been stated so far.

Hypothetically, what if a guy had been living with a BG for awhile and bought her a house in a moment of temporary insanity. They have a fight (one of many perhaps) and finally the girl tells him to get lost while gloating that the house is hers ...burning the house down doesn't sound so wild now does it? Either way he's lost it.

Setting fire to a house puts the lives of others in danger and is a very serious act. It is not just neighbours who are put at risk but also those whose job it will be put it out. Having a hissy-fit with a BG is no justification for it.

Edited by garro

Foreigners can own houses - they can't own land.

Jeez, I hope this doesnt spark another futile debate on foreign house ownership again :o ....thats been done to death and any regular reader will be quiet familiar with the ownership laws.

Unless your a Tortoise not much use to you is it!? :D

I can't imagine either getting that drunk or that angry. Sounds like there is a need for some good psychiatric services.

Acting like a <deleted> isn't a sign of mental illness. :o

I seem to remember a story a few months ago, where the falang bulldozed the house. Everybody in that thread was congratulating him, not sure why fire is so bad in comparison.

Quality reporting from PCN as usual 'as he is the owner of the house' :o

Haha.. wheres that thread?

• 2 weeks later...