Thaivisa-members For Eternity

AdultGolfer

Guest Reimar
I think TV is hosted in singapore so whatever the laws of singapore are regarding copyright, privacy, authories etc - not Thailand. AFAIK

Copyright Law is an international Law and not limited to an country.

Cheers.

I would strongly advise you check with an IP lawyer who is not from the USA if you believe that.

Copyright laws are the sovereign right of each country. ( As are patents, there is no such thing as a world wide patent.) There are conventions on Copyright that many countries adhere to but they are dependant on the local laws.

The laws in the US are very different to those in say Australia. For example in the US the author of any work is automatically the copyright holder. In Australia it depends on the type of work, a change made in the mid 90's prior to which the commissioner of any work was the copyright holder. Currently it is sometimes the commissioner and sometimes the author unless assigned in writing. Yes it is the domain of expensive lawyers. I have had this discussion with a company of lawyers who did not read my contract prior to a photo shoot. :o I wrote the contract and knew exactly what was there, and am a little familiar with Au copyright laws, they were not familiar with that area of law, it was an interesting discussion. :D

Thanks for to clarify that!

But if I read the Berne Convention right, than the Copyright Law which is used under that convention is International.

Thailand became a signatory member of the Berne Convention in 1931. Also, the country has accepted the standards set by TRIPs under the WTO. Thus, the Copyright Act B.E. 2537, which is currently in force, conforms to the Berne Convention and TRIPs, which is so called “Berne Plus.” Under this Act, the protection of foreign copyrights is more clearly written than what was in previous copyright laws. The copyrighted works of foreign authors and international organizations are protected under the Copyright Act B.E. 2537.

And this is the situation in Thaland:

In Thailand, a copyrighted work is not required to be registered in order to be protected. However, notification of copyrighted work is prove helpful as evidence of ownership in any litigation.

Source