What Is The Ethnic Makeup Of Your Thai Gf?

RY12

My Thai gf is 25% Lao (Ubon-Isaan), 25% Khmer (Surin-Isaan), and 50% Vietnamese (Hanoi)... she's from Ubon. Can anyone beat that eclectic mixture? I tried to make a flag representing that (see my avatar). There's no Siamese (pure Thai) in there, but my general understanding is that Lao and Thai are exactly the same ethnic group, separated only by distance and a few hundred years (the Lao ppl used to be called Tai Noi ('smaller' or 'younger' Tai I believe). I'd like to hear what others guy's gf's are,

:o

Edited by PeaceBlondie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So RY does that mean you don't have a Thai girlfriend? :o

And did you already got burned by this explosive mix?

Man, that took me a long time too figure out, but now i got it. :D You mean cause all those ethnicities have fought eachother in the past right? Actually, there's lots of vietnamese in Isaan and i don't think they're discriminated against too much, (lots of vietnamese restaurants, etc) except my girl was called a racist word in elementary school.

TW is Chinese / Thai / Pracheen. :o

What's Pracheen?

Yea, but is she AKC registered, come with all her shots too?

Stupid thread

Yeah, you showed us man! We're just racist farangs treating our girls like dogs because we happen to be interested in their ethnic makeup... why don't you go troll somewhere else? Grow up. you're the racist one for thinking any mention of ethnicity is 'stupid' or whatever, maybe every thai should just forget their roots so they can conform to your immature, pc image of the world.

Edited by RY12

TW is Chinese / Thai / Pracheen. :D

What's Pracheen?

It was actually a seperate country about 800 (?) odd years ago, situated in what is now called Prachinburi.

I am lead to believe, by what I have read on local tourist attraction explanations, that the word Pracheen meant Eastern country in Thai language during this period, however it also meant Western country in Kymer language at the same time.

What relevance does it have to this thread. Apart from TW's family having lived in the area since the stoneage, absolutely none! Red Herring. :o

Cheers,

Soundman. :D

Yeah, you showed us man! We're just racist farangs treating our girls like dogs because we happen to be interested in their ethnic makeup... why don't you go troll somewhere else? Grow up. you're the racist one for thinking any mention of ethnicity is 'stupid' or whatever, maybe every thai should just forget their roots so they can conform to your immature, pc image of the world.

I would have to agree with Dakhar, this is an inane thread. Seriously, what is the point? Is there a prize for finding a girl with the most ethnically diverse background? Does this woman appeal to you just because she is so different? Of all the things one could "brag about" with their girl friend, I find bragging about her heritage to be somewhat odd.

Edited by Drewcifer

I would have to agree with Dakhar, this is an inane thread. Seriously, what is the point? Is there a prize for finding a girl with the most ethnically diverse background? Does this woman appeal to you just because she is so different? Of all the things one could "brag about" with their girl friend, I find bragging about her heritage it be somewhat odd.

Got to agree...stupid thread....they are just comparing "their possessions"....you can be interested in someones ethnic make up without making it sound like a competition to who has the "best" or most unusual...

OP - What's The Ethnic Makeup Of Your Thai Gf?, can anyone beat mine

My wife is 50% Thai 25% Pakistani 25% Chinese....and 100% hotness :D

And its not a stupid thread, a lil silly but fun :o

cool! right on, lighten up everybody else! :D I'm not trying to make it a competition, just curious in ethnology in Thailand.

My wife is 50% Thai 25% Pakistani 25% Chinese....and 100% hotness :D

And its not a stupid thread, a lil silly but fun :o

cool! right on, lighten up everybody else! :D I'm not trying to make it a competition, just curious in ethnology in Thailand.

A bit off topic but personally I find my wifes Ethnicity and the dialects spoken in her village facinating. Far more than she does actually.

It came to light for me when I first visited my wifes village. I was talking with her life long friend at a meal and asked the friend what my wifes family were talking about and she didnt know as she didnt understand that language very well. Considering the friend's village was only 10 kms away I didnt really believe her but after being married now for 4 years and some research on the third language or dialect spoken in her village seems to ring true (link below)

As for her ethnic back ground, it seems that thousands of years ago her genetic group originated in Northern India and migrated around the base of the Himalyas into Yunnan, China. Several centuries ago her ancestors were driven down from Southern China, through Laos and into Thailand. The dialect spoken in her village is still spoken in pockets of China, Laos, Thailand, Myanmar and Vietnam. Less than 550,000 all up though. I suppose these pockets of the "tribes" had travelled down the Mekhong River

I would love to take my wife to another country and note her surprise when she realises they are speaking "her language". When we first went to Chiang Khan on the Mehkong River a few years ago she was surprised when the Guest house owner spoke Thai Lu

Of course my wife couldn't really give a toss about this but I find it interesting :D:D

languages

Edited by khunandy

The more mix the better.

RY12, what ethnic make up do you have.

Your future children can be even more mixed up. :D

Now that would be hard to track.

My kids are Thai / Chinese / Australian / English / Irish / Scottish / German / Scandinavian (Finland where they have Mongolian & Russian influence I believe) mix.

or lets call it

Sinothaianglogermanicๆๆ................................ :o

Soundman.

My wife is 10% spitting cobra, 30% wise old elephant and 60% stubborn buffalo :D

And it's our anniversary today...I still love her more every day we are together :o

I think I recognise that blood line :D:D

Congratulations on your anniversary

it seems that thousands of years ago her genetic group originated in Northern India and migrated around the base of the Himalyas into Yunnan, China. Several centuries ago her ancestors were driven down from Southern China, through Laos and into Thailand.

This is the history of all Tai peoples right? not just Tai Lu? I've heard the reason the roofs in Thai architecture are so steep is because it descended from roofs that got snow on them in winter (in Yunnan).

There's no Siamese (pure Thai) in there

Siamese is nothing to do with 'pure Thai'. There are still those who would change the name back to Siam precisely because it is more inclusive of all the ethnic groups that are part of 'Thailand'.

And I'm not sure that the term 'Tai Noi' has been used, except perhaps in a derogatory or condescending way by Thais. 'Tai Yai' refers to the Shan.

it seems that thousands of years ago her genetic group originated in Northern India and migrated around the base of the Himalyas into Yunnan, China. Several centuries ago her ancestors were driven down from Southern China, through Laos and into Thailand.

This is the history of all Tai peoples right? not just Tai Lu? I've heard the reason the roofs in Thai architecture are so steep is because it descended from roofs that got snow on them in winter (in Yunnan).

I think it is all related to the Tai people. There is some interesting reading on Wikipedia also

TW is Chinese / Thai / Pracheen. :D

What's Pracheen?

It was actually a seperate country about 800 (?) odd years ago, situated in what is now called Prachinburi.

I am lead to believe, by what I have read on local tourist attraction explanations, that the word Pracheen meant Eastern country in Thai language during this period, however it also meant Western country in Kymer language at the same time.

What relevance does it have to this thread. Apart from TW's family having lived in the area since the stoneage, absolutely none! Red Herring. :o

Cheers,

Soundman. :D

For those of you that are intersted pracheen usually written as prachin ปราจีน is an old Thai word for EAST. Buri บุรื is an old word for CITY. Therefore prachinburi ปราจีนบุรื translates as EASTERN CITY (COUNTRY).

I would have to agree with Dakhar, this is an inane thread. Seriously, what is the point? Is there a prize for finding a girl with the most ethnically diverse background? Does this woman appeal to you just because she is so different? Of all the things one could "brag about" with their girl friend, I find bragging about her heritage to be somewhat odd.

OK, it is a stupid tittle not a stupid thread. Geneology can be very interesting, and I do not know enough about mine. Got German,Sweedish, French, (Cajun) blood in my viens. The wife.... Hmmm Asian? No really I have been told by her, that several generations back she had "white" in the family... I have been told she looks to be of Burmese decent (and that was supposed to be some type of insult) All I can say is she has a thin face, high cheeck bones and BIG eyes. (no not mangos) (sorry guys) She is short but not squaty, and in some ways strikeing in beauty. The odd thing is, she is the only one in her family that looks like this. Her family members are all dark but her. I would say that she is a fluke, but she has a younger cousin that could pass for twin so I guess she is not a fluke.

Our son.... extremely handsome..... smart too. (He has shots and papers too)

And I have a piece of string that is very long