I've Never Been In Heat Like This

Gonzo the Face

As I sit here with a icebag on my head, looking as though I have been on a all night drunk, I would like to ask, does anyone other than myself think that it is hotter this year [past 2 - 3 weeks] than it has been in years past?

The days seem a few degrees hotter and definitely the nights. Wake up in the morning and am wet with persperation...

Used to always sleep with at least a sheet for cover, but now want no cover at all.

Is there any website that record daily high temps on a day by day by the year basis.

It just feels hotter.

Gonzo

Hi, I was in Bangkok for a week ago, two days work in Sampeng, but I did fine, not drinking any water on the hole day.

Ya mean the "whole" day?? ( not to worry, I don't speak english eiterh.. :D )

Keep going like that and you'll end up wondering on how ya got into a hospital and your kidney stones will feel wonderful.. :o

Wonder how warm it's gunna be today? My butt cheeks are already sweatin'...

Medication time...."oh, nurse...ice cold Chang please.."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, it's hot and keeps getting hotter. Used to be the norm to turn the aircons on for an hour in the evening to cool the room down and could sleep thru the night with fan only, but now need the AC on all night. It seems that the ground seems to be holding the heat and radiating it off at night. We water and water, but that only seems to make it more humid.

AT 11:00 Hrs 11:30 Hrs

93F / 34C on the way to what ????

95F / 35C

56% Hum

53% Hum

Feel Like Factor 105F / 41C

107F /

and its only 11 in the morning

Hopefully tomorrow thunder storms and rain.

in 30 minutes such a difference. I guess the hottest time should be around 1 - 2 o'clock

The Thai Meteorological Department forecasts that it will get cooler tomorrow (by 1 degree Celsius :D ):

post-20094-1208839629_thumb.jpg

Does anybody else think it looks suspiciously stable? Maybe they're on holidays :o

/ Priceless

One thing I seem to notice is that tomorrow's prediction, when tomorrow gets here, changes as the hours go by, seemingly to fit what is actually happening....

Somewhat like looking out the window and seeing that it is raining, then predicting rain for today.

gonzo

The Thai Meteorological Department forecasts that it will get cooler tomorrow (by 1 degree Celsius :D ):

post-20094-1208839629_thumb.jpg

Does anybody else think it looks suspiciously stable? Maybe they're on holidays :o

/ Priceless

One thing I seem to notice is that tomorrow's prediction, when tomorrow gets here, changes as the hours go by, seemingly to fit what is actually happening....

Somewhat like looking out the window and seeing that it is raining, then predicting rain for today.

gonzo

Agreed! And the forecast for the coming week looks like a quote from the 10-year average for this time of year :D

/ Priceless

I see that now its about 36 degrees with 50% humidity. Not so bad.... April being the hotest month and all. The forecast is for slight temp drop but an increase in humidity to about 70%. Dont know about you guys but i much prefer 40 degrees with low humidity than 30 degrees with high humidity. Eating a lot of spicy foods will keep the body temp down so thats what i am doing, along with the pool and aircon

You are all welcome

I knew if I washed the car and went out on the moto, for the first time in about 2 months, it was guaranteed to rain.

But this wind ! !

Thank you so much. That was terrific storm.

The wind was blasting the rain up against the french doors leading to the balcony with such force that there was a standing wave of piled up water against the door with the maid frantically trying to soak up the water leaking under the doors.

Not much water, but a heck of a lot of wind here in the Meechock area...

So far.

Gunna go out on the Vespa, since it worked for the Gonz, see if I can intice more drops, or get struck by a bolt of lightin' ..

Chaiyot!

Tessadog, you're the first one that confess ....."I'm much prefer 40 degrees with low humidity than 30 degrees with high humidity." I'm in the same league as you :D .

That is one of the reason I'm putting off from moving back home to LOS. It's no sense to come here and spend most days cooling yourself in a/c room or in a pool. For an outdoor person as me, it's not a living if you can not stand the tropical heat without feeling muggy and stiffy. :o:D

I take desert heat anytime.

While vacationing in Egypt, Morrocco, Libya, had done sightseeings on many ancient ruins, I did fine as long as you go under the tent or the shade. :D

So far.

Gunna go out on the Vespa, since it worked for the Gonz, see if I can intice more drops, or get struck by a bolt of lightin' ..

Chaiyot!

Good Job gpdjohn ! You got it to tinkle most of the night. Now that you have found the recipe, keep it secret, we may be able to turn in into $$$$ some day soon. Maybe something like Mo-Peding around the inside of a big barrell. We can call ir Rolling for Rain. Going in opposite directions, for at least one lap.

About 7:30 - 8:00 PM, had one really blasting bolt of lightning, bring some screams from some of the ladies. Thought of you and was hoping you were not at the landing end of it.

Washed / waxed the new car and it worked!!!! And now the car is as it was yesterday!! Ahhhh, fone dok, 25 degrees!!

Remember Confucius say : Enough Fone Dok and you can have Fone Dew

:o

To all the rest, please do not over-do the carswashing formula, or the river will start to rise.

:D

So far.

Chaiyot!

Good Job gpdjohn ! You got it to tinkle most of the night. Now that you have found the recipe, keep it secret, we may be able to turn in into $$$$ some day soon. Maybe something like Mo-Peding around the inside of a big barrell. We can call ir Rolling for Rain. Going in opposite directions, for at least one lap.

About 7:30 - 8:00 PM, had one really blasting bolt of lightning, bring some screams from some of the ladies. Thought of you and was hoping you were not at the landing end of it.

:o At one point whilst circling the 'hood and singing "which a ta ta oranika, oranike, hey hey hey hey no wa.."

The hair on my arms stood up after a strike of the juice..I remembered from my days as a 81mm mortar instructor at Ft. Bragg that this means it is close...very close.

So, I rode home and hid in the bathroom......

Gotta head up to buy some groceries here soon, so get ready.. :D

Washed / waxed the new car and it worked!!!! And now the car is as it was yesterday!! Ahhhh, fone dok, 25 degrees!!

Remember Confucius say : Enough Fone Dok and you can have Fone Dew

:o

Was Confucius an admirer of Swiss food, then ?

So where do you find the best Fondue in Chiang Mai ? I feel another foodie-thread coming-on ! :D