I've Never Been In Heat Like This

Gonzo the Face

As I sit here with a icebag on my head, looking as though I have been on a all night drunk, I would like to ask, does anyone other than myself think that it is hotter this year [past 2 - 3 weeks] than it has been in years past?

The days seem a few degrees hotter and definitely the nights. Wake up in the morning and am wet with persperation...

Used to always sleep with at least a sheet for cover, but now want no cover at all.

Is there any website that record daily high temps on a day by day by the year basis.

It just feels hotter.

Gonzo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do drink alot of water - and also take alot of shower.

The heat is kinda blidning and dizzy this summer .

Do stay in shade .. one good way i find is to appply . Mint powder .

also .. another good way is try to wet the area around you ..

good luck and stay healthy

The Thais are all complaining, and the dog spends as little time outside as possible when the sun is high.

Yes mobs, the laptop shuts down when expected to do any real work as well.

I tend to avoid any exertion normally so I haven't really noticed personally.

ah, this ain't hot...

Ruck up!

Warm with alot of humidity.

Sitting in my house w/o the a/c on, no fan and my azz is a sweating bad...but comfy

Sounds like you might have some internal heat issues going on..

Drink alot of fluids, water not alcohol.

Yep, cold shower and sit in front of the fan

Ice bag under your arms, armpit area also and on the neck...

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate...until your urine is clear or very light yellow..NO alcohol, it dehydrates ya...

and if it gets worse, ( feeling bad ) consider getting more electrolytes on board. ( gatorbarf type stuff)

John, the desert rat from Arizona, where it gets to 120 and it's really hot.

I need to keep the a/c on otherwise my laptop keeps shutting off :o

man, my laptop is shutting off as well, Ive taken the battery out and raised the notebook so the air can circulate as well as the fan running coolish air around it, but it still shuts down after 3 hours from the heat

ah, this ain't hot...

Ruck up!

Sitting in my house w/o the a/c on, no fan and my azz is a sweating bad...but comfy

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate...until your urine is clear or very light yellow..NO alcohol, it dehydrates ya...

and if it gets worse, ( feeling bad ) consider getting more electrolytes on board. ( gatorbarf type stuff)

I agree, light yellow, but I've found short cut...... Chang Draft in a frozen mug, gives you that ' o so good burning sensation' in the pipe all the way down and it comes out light yellow.

My deepest thank you for the Rx Doc

:o:D more more

Gonzo

ah, this ain't hot...

Ruck up!

I agree, light yellow, but I've found short cut...... Chang Draft in a frozen mug, gives you that ' o so good burning sensation' in the pipe all the way down and it comes out light yellow.

My deepest thank you for the Rx Doc

:o:D more more

Gonzo

I think I will join ya...self medicate here...

"oh nurse...."

Yin dii jao! :D

Marcus Welby MD

There are usually a few days with temperatures in the low 40s (centigrade, that is) in April of every year. Take a look here for stats on the last few years: http://www.hs0zee.com/Information/Weather%...r%20Station.htm

Unfortunately there are no updates for 2008 yet :o

/ Priceless

Wunderground.com has stats for 2008. Clearly the hottest year on record for Chiang Mai. I've been here 31 years, hottest April I can remember.

maybe you guys should buy those little cooling fan gizmos that run on power provided by USB and set underneath the laptop. 100 something baht at any IT place.

yeah, but they have small piddly little fans compared to a 40cm house fan blowing straight in under my laptop

maybe you guys should buy those little cooling fan gizmos that run on power provided by USB and set underneath the laptop. 100 something baht at any IT place.

yeah, but they have small piddly little fans compared to a 40cm house fan blowing straight in under my laptop

perhaps liquid nitrogen to be pumped into it :o

It seems a bit strange with the continued high temps that we have been having, and it would seem also that the humidity factpr is pretty high, that we haven't been able to get any thunder storms or rain at least.

Just yesterday's 4 - 5 minutes of rain.

gonzo

I've got it....... I will have the car washed, then guaranteed rain within 4 hours.

It seems a bit strange with the continued high temps that we have been having, and it would seem also that the humidity factpr is pretty high, that we haven't been able to get any thunder storms or rain at least.

Just yesterday's 4 - 5 minutes of rain.

gonzo

I've got it....... I will have the car washed, then guaranteed rain within 4 hours.

Actually the humidity has been pretty low -- around 40% -- this week, as is typical this time of year. You'll notice a huge difference this time of year between CM and, say, Bangkok (currently 62% humidity).

Well, I'm encouraged how much I am tolerating the heat so far. This my 2nd year in CM. Last year CM was much cooler. I just spend about 1 1/2 hours outside riding my bicycle around CM. The heat didn't feel that oppressive. Of course, I stayed in shade when I could. I was thinking of doing a border run to India in June so this is a test on how much heat/humidity I can take. My fan room feels reasonably cool right now. I don't and have never liked A/C especially when I enter a room blowing 30+ degrees colder air on my overheated body. Speaking of India, the temp in Bangalore India at 1PM is only 33c and feels like 33c with 31% humidity, while here as of 3PM it is 38c and feels like 44c with 39% humidity.

Forecasts are NOT accurate. Not for rain, and apparenlty not for temperature. I look at the ACTUAL reported temperature for this afternoon on weather.com (again, NOT the forecast) and it's 38 C / 100 F

Note that it COULD be hotter than this still, seeing that the air isn't particularly clear currently. If there's less haze in the air, then it can potentially get hotter, still.

Anyway I did not use aircon last night.. No worries, just shower a lot. We even went out to that new Tiger park today, sure it's hot, but it's by no means hotter than normal for this time of year.

Forecasts are NOT accurate. Not for rain, and apparenlty not for temperature. I look at the ACTUAL reported temperature for this afternoon on weather.com (again, NOT the forecast) and it's 38 C / 100 F

Note that it COULD be hotter than this still, seeing that the air isn't particularly clear currently. If there's less haze in the air, then it can potentially get hotter, still.

Anyway I did not use aircon last night.. No worries, just shower a lot. We even went out to that new Tiger park today, sure it's hot, but it's by no means hotter than normal for this time of year.

Since we're breaking all records for this time of year in Chiang Mai, I'd say it is indeed hotter than normal this year :o

The Wonderground link I supplied above is the ground station at the airport and as of 14 minutes ago it shows 35C/95F from a max of 38C/100F so cooling off nicely. :o

post-566-1208598552_thumb.png

AM I READING TYWAIS POSTED LINK CORRECTLY ! ! !

For tomorrow they are predicting a high temp of 42 C / 107 F ?????? ! ! ! !

The Thai Meteorological Department ( http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=2 ) are predicting 38 C, which is still hot but not catastrophical. On the other hand, they're predicting exactly the same weather for the next seven days, so I'm not really convinced about their reliability :o

/ Priceless