Angkor Wat

Honza.a

Get a guide book and go yourself. Its easy to get to Siem Reap now - see Tales Of Asia

Or have a more detailed look at My Angkor Trips here

for 3 days. go early 1 day for the sunrise

go late 1 day for the sunset

and the other day, do again whichever you enjoyed more

you can pick up unofficial guides at all the major sites, the official ones are over priced. I followed one round Banyon for a while and was not impressed. He just gave a speech and ignored the questions.

In Siem Reap you will be approached by guys on bikes asking if you need a driver guide. Cant remember how much I paid - I think $20 for 3 days ( including tip ) and he picked me up from the hotel and dropped me off at my hotel at the end of the day and basically took me were I wanted to go round the main sites. The drivers are not allowed to go in with you to the individual sites as they are not guides but sometimes..... If you want to go further out, you have to pay more.

Bluebear has provided good info. The Angkor Wat is at its best at sunrise or sunset. There is plenty to see around the area. For (US) $6 you can get a motorbike to drive you around all day. If you want a pass for more than one day take a passport size photo. Nearly all the guest houses and hotels in Siam Reap have organised tours and it’s a very cheap place – if you want more detailed info there are children selling tour books at all the sites. Enjoy yourself, Angkor is an amazing place. :o