Helicopter Lessons

spog

A wild and frivolous thought......can you get helicopter lessons in LOS? If so, how much and where?

Just something I've fancied doing and I guess it must be cheaper here than elsewhere

265-465 US per hour.... Wish I had that kind of dosh. :o

This probably won't help much, but did you know there is no Thai word for helicopter?

They just say, 'Helikopterrrr'....

What a disappointment! I thought this thread was going to be about "closed thread" type ladies and their wayward boyfriends. :o

A wild and frivolous thought......can you get helicopter lessons in LOS? If so, how much and where?

Just something I've fancied doing and I guess it must be cheaper here than elsewhere

Well, according to the website, plane hire is about B5,000 per hour and the instructor is 1,500B - that's about U$160 per hour. I guess helicopter prices are about the same?

They quote 150-200,000B for a full license - that's under U$5,000. Someone told me that in the US, it is closer to U$20,000

My problem with this kind of expense is that I mentally convert the cost into the number of 'short-times' I could get for that cost. In this case, it's 100 short-times. I don't use BGs so it is a silly comparison, but you can't help thinking what is better value for money.....

Well, according to the website, plane hire is about B5,000 per hour and the instructor is 1,500B - that's about U$160 per hour. I guess helicopter prices are about the same?

They quote 150-200,000B for a full license - that's under U$5,000. Someone told me that in the US, it is closer to U$20,000

My problem with this kind of expense is that I mentally convert the cost into the number of 'short-times' I could get for that cost. In this case, it's 100 short-times. I don't use BGs so it is a silly comparison, but you can't help thinking what is better value for money.....

Yeah, I took a look at the site. Under B200K to get a pilots license! Never considered it before, but that's really got my interest. Close to where I'll be living too. Has anyone on this site obtained their pilots license in Thailand?

Just got through being chased through the whole village by my wife with a very large knife. Seems when I said I wanted to Helicopter she understood the extreme form of Butterfly. Yikes!!!! You guys are going to get me into trouble with this forum talk :D:o:D

Just got through being chased through the whole village by my wife with a very large knife. Seems when I said I wanted to Helicopter she understood the extreme form of Butterfly. Yikes!!!! You guys are going to get me into trouble with this forum talk :D:o:D

You should have said that you wanted 5,000 baht so you could go out and play with your chopper (or "chop PERRR").....

try this link may help

http://www.thaiflyingclub.com/linkhelicopt...ngmalaysia.html

It claims that you can not learn to fly them in thailand

Go figure

This message was sent by Cliff Fournier to a Jacques Briere who was rejected from flying at Hua Hin. Foreigners have been forbidden from Helicopter Training at CATC in Thailand after the 9/11 attack in USA.

Thanks for the link. All I can say is '<deleted>??'

You can learn to fly a small plane, but not a helicopter because of 9/11 ????

Maybe the rules are changed, but I think you have to do it in Malaysia.

Try a trike, really fun, easy, cheap license 60-70k, pattaya and chiang mai have the best school, Chiang Mai have the great view and It is worth to try an hour. You will never forget it.

• 4 weeks later...