Best Way To Jomtien From The Airport / Wifi In Jomtien

JuniorExPat

The JxP clan is descending on Jomtien this weekend and staying for a week, I had some good info from the helpful people on this forum back in January when I first thought that this trip might be a good idea - since then I've realised that it probably isn't the best idea I've ever had (!) but it is a good way to finish up the school holidays for the children with trip to the beach.

Anyhow, enough wittering on, I've got some tips on places to visit from my January post, thank you, and accommodation has been sorted thanks to brother-in-law so unfortunately we won't be checking out LucyLui's recommendation.

- Now I just need to find out the best way to get 2 adults, 2 children and a baby from Don Meuang to Jomtien (the others are taking the bus due to a fear of planes falling out of the sky!!).

- Recommendations for WiFi zones in Jomtien would also be really useful - somewhere to sit with the laptop for a few hours out of the heat have a few drinks and grab a bite to eat, I'm sure you get the picture.

Many thanks in advance,

JxP

Just jump in a cab at DM, agree a price first - under 1,500 and you're doing OK.

Try Flannigans for wifi, new(ish) Irish bar under Jomtien Condo - on the main drag heading to the beach - look for the Jomtien/ Pattaya archway over the road and it's on your RHS. Reasonable prices (for a theme bar), and good food.

You also should try one of our (in)famous Friday nights out whilst you're in town, a good way to see the sights :o

Just jump in a cab at DM, agree a price first - under 1,500 and you're doing OK.

Try Flannigans for wifi, new(ish) Irish bar under Jomtien Condo - on the main drag heading to the beach - look for the Jomtien/ Pattaya archway over the road and it's on your RHS. Reasonable prices (for a theme bar), and good food.

You also should try one of our (in)famous Friday nights out whilst you're in town, a good way to see the sights :D

Nice one sweetchariot, thanks. I've just realised that we may be flying into Suvarnabhumi - better check the tickets(!) - I guess a taxi from the new airport would be closer to B1,000?

Flannigan's is the only place that has popped up on my searches so I'll take your recommendation and try them out for breakfast whilst checking my email.

I'd love to join one of the TV Jomtien/Pattaya chapter outings but we arrive on Saturday and return on Friday . . . anyway, Flannigan's is probably about as far as Mrs JxP is likely to allow me off the leash! :o

JxP

wi-fi

i am in soi 7,

been using mama wifi and jomtienliving,

both are very very variable, off and on, mostly weak signal,

price you pay for in room i guess.

both are 250 baht for a week unlimited.

check your signals when you get here and you see their phone numbers.

wi-fi

i am in soi 7,

been using mama wifi and jomtienliving,

both are very very variable, off and on, mostly weak signal,

price you pay for in room i guess.

both are 250 baht for a week unlimited.

check your signals when you get here and you see their phone numbers.

Thanks Mark, I wasn't aware of those systems, I assume from what you wrote that they are a kind of wide area wifi and you purchase time limited subscriptions . . . . I wonder if I could set up office on the beach?! I'll take a look at what I can pick up once I get down there.

JxP

Meter Taxi Airport to Jomtien 1400 Baht including motorway fee.

Ron's Internet Cafe in Soi 5 sells wifi cards, but like most of the rest in Jomtien area is decidedly variable.

Edited by CRUNCHER

Thanks for all the information, I'm looking forward to setting up 'shop' on Jomtien beach!

Plans have changed a little, we now have 5 adults, 4 children and 1 baby landing at Suvarnabhumi this evening so any recommendations for minibus/minivan services from the airport to Jomtien would be really useful.

JxP

Probably a bit late now but from that airport you can get a good bus for just over 100 baht straight to Jomtien. It terminates on Soi Chaiaput, about 20 yards from the beach. Some good hotels or guesthouses around there and many free internet hotspots.

Chris

Probably a bit late now but from that airport you can get a good bus for just over 100 baht straight to Jomtien. It terminates on Soi Chaiaput, about 20 yards from the beach. Some good hotels or guesthouses around there and many free internet hotspots.

Chris

That may have been a good idea - as it happens brother in law sent his friend (otherwise known as M Schumacher!!) to pick us up - I'll be looking around for a nice aircon minivan with a sane looking driver for the return trip!

JxP

No joy picking up any 'public' WiFi yet but the connection here at Flannigan's is excellent.

Flannigan's is a great place, really nicely done out, staff are friendly and attentive, not too sure about the food yet but will reserve judgement until I have sampled some more of the menu.

BUT . . . . why did nobody warn me about the local election and the alcohol ban?!?!? :o

See you in Flannigan's!

JxP

Chris

call Bell travel service. Bangkok phone is 02747 4675 or Pattaya phone is 038370055. Cost is 150 baht per person, runs every two hours from 8 a.m. from airport til 6 pm, will drop you where ever you want in Pattaya. A van picks you up in Pattaya then big bus to airport, reverse coming here. They are on the lower level at airport. good to give a call. Good service, and not have to worry if your cab driver is looney, cheap too. I've used several times and never had a complaint from me.

Lots of resturants have free wifi. I live at Jomtien beach condo, and tho never used, have seen signs. Don't have to go to expensive resort. mama wifi sucks, but about all available down here... 400 a month, so what the hel_l....