Stereophonics Tickets

metice

I'm in the dark just as much as you mate. My girlfriend registered last week and the website indicated that the cut off point was Tuesday 22nd. We've had no emails or texts. When I called up Guru magazine I was told the concert was outside near Rama 4. The website says that the whole thing's on a ship/boat leaving from Klongtoey pier near Rama 4. Sounds a bit weird doesn't it, a concert on a ship. If this is the case then perhaps there's a much lower allocation of tickets :o

I got a text through about 2 weeks ago from 100 Pipers. Most of it was in Thai text (which my phone cannot display) but it contained the words; Stereophonics, 100 pipers, concert etc. So I assume I'm in...

Edited by ashacat

I'm annoyed that it's pot luck if you get the tickets - they'll be lots of spotty teenagers who will end up with tickets and never even heard any of their music. You have to wait so long for a decent band to visit Thailand, and then you have no way of getting to see them. I guess it will be hard to bribe the security guys if there is a limited number of places on the boat. It sucks!!

I got an SMS from this morning saying that all the tickets have been issued and I wasn't lucky enough to get one.

A shame really. I would have actually paid to see them, not like 70% of the audience who have never heard a single song by them besides maybe "Have a Nice Day."

grr, only arrived in BKK yesterday and only just heard about this gig. Where is it? All the info I can find on the net is in Thai...

Might be worth going to see if I can buy someone's ticket or something. I'm not really into them anymore, but I remember seeing one of their first ever gigs in a small club in South Wales more than 10 years ago! so it'd be cool to see them again

chill out guys. you have to consider that most international gigs here are so expensive, that the average teenager has no chance to ever see them. thats why nobody shows up to play here. you can have a lot of fun at a concert with knowing the band. now they develope a sponsorship culture which will hopefully let more gigs stop over on the way from eu to downunder.

anyway, i got a ticket and i know many people got more tickets than they use, so just showing op and asking around will most probably get you in. afaik every sms contains 2 tickets.

a gig on a ship is not too unusual, been on some great partys on boats.

more important: will it be outside or inside on the boat? guess heavy rain tomorrow again.

There's 3 of us and only 2 tickets so I'll probably go down and see if I get one somehow. "Baramunchies" - the weather might be a bit iffy like u say. If it's outside then could be interesting as I think its rained every night for the last few nights.

^^safe your money from the FREE tickets. right.

i was at the concert yesterday. have to say i was not overly impressed by the stereophonics. but nice atmosphere, great, great, great location. wiskey was nice. meet some friends. so was a nice everning after all.

Couldn't get in :o Had the code and my friends full name and thai ID card number who'd won but they insisted the "person" themself had to be present to claim the 2 free tickets. Bladdy hel_l!

^ Glad u had a good time mate

i was at the concert yesterday. have to say i was not overly impressed by the stereophonics. but nice atmosphere, great, great, great location. wiskey was nice. meet some friends. so was a nice everning after all

I thought they were really good, although the atmosphere was a bit tame :o (as is usually the case with concerts here!) Went along to the private after-party too, and I've got to say, they are all thoroughly nice young chaps!! :D