200 Or 400,000 For Marriage Visa?

I spoke to a guy who had his extension to his marriage visa done again.

He only had 200,000 in his account and doesn't have any money coming in, through that account anyway. Didn't have to show anything else.

I have to get the money soon, which might be hard.

I have heard of someone getting it grandfathered.

Has anyone been refused yet when trying to get an extension with only 200,000 in the bank?? If I don't hear of anyone, I am going to try with 200,000.

All the news says that the amount went up in August from 200K to 400K,

with no grandfathering.

You can always pop into your local immigration office beforehand to check what they expect.

I received extension just before the increase (although had way over requirements) and was required to sign statement that "next time" the requirement would be 400k. I believe if you have not been notified that they will probably still accept the 200k. I don't believe the grandfather word is being used but I would not avoid immigration if that was the only problem - give it a shot.

This is not possible in BKK.

If someone get away with 200.000 its pure luck because

Immigration has too much to do.

I had my extension on Oct 8, 2004 and they clearly told me

I will be approved because I had over 400.000 in Thai bank

transferred from my bank abroad

Try with 200.000 if you want to take a chance that day,

you can always bring more money to your account if they ask for it.

See my thread “Immigration Bureau” for more info.

Good luck!

although my extension expires in november, i went in 2 weeks ago to get the requirements checklist for thaivisa research.

i was handed the same list as last year, but the officer stamped the bottom with CHANGE MONEY FROM 200,000 BAHT TO 400,000 BAHT.

yes there is a signature line but it doesn't need to be signed, the requirement is now 400,000 BAHT.

regardless, as lopburi3 suggests go for it, please post back on thaivisa what happens.

although my extension expires in november, i went in 2 weeks ago to get the requirements checklist for thaivisa research.

i was handed the same list as last year, but the officer stamped the bottom with CHANGE MONEY FROM 200,000 BAHT TO 400,000 BAHT.

yes there is a signature line but it doesn't need to be signed, the requirement is now 400,000 BAHT.

regardless, as lopburi3 suggests go for it, please post back on thaivisa what happens.

I was asked for signature when doing the extension TM.7 and again when picking up the final extension of stay stamp the next month. They seem to be trying hard to get the information out and make sure we understand.