Vanguard (usa) Customers

If you are in Thailand and a Vanguard customer, you might try logging on to your account. Without going into the gory details, I am unable to log in from Thailand. It goes into another username screen after the first username is entered, then just fails (no error message). Before that i was getting an account info temporarily unavailable screen. No problem with my account, just the access from Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing

If you are in Thailand and a Vanguard customer, you might try logging on to your account. Without going into the gory details, I am unable to log in from Thailand. It goes into another username screen after the first username is entered, then just fails (no error message). Before that i was getting an account info temporarily unavailable screen. No problem with my account, just the access from Thailand.

I have had the same problem. They seem to block me when I'm in Thailand (as I recall, the error message says to call V'guard). I'm in the USA at the moment and can log in just fine.

BTW, I can access my account through Quicken to download share prices, distributions, etc.

Thanks for bringing this up. I will try to call Vanguard Monday and ask about it.

I have not been able to get into Vanguard from Thailand for a year.

I called them.

Thailand has been cut off ..too much fraud.

Key loggers at internet cafes are rampant in Thailand.

I got an email from them yesterday, saying sombody was attempting to log into my account multiple times.

I am logged into Vanguard presently. I log in approx. once a week without problems. Ask Vanguard to give you access from Thailand. My address on record with Vanguard is in Thailand.

I did call and talked with them.

They said I could fly to Singapore with my notebook and log in there.

A cookie would be put into my computer, then I could get into their system from Thailand.

I've had the problem twice. Each time it was resolved with a phone call. The first time someone threw a switch and Thailand was blocked. The second time I had just changed computers and they had to reset my security page. In both cases I found them to be very responsive and eager to help.

This is becoming more and more of a problem. Many companies and government agencies are preventing access from Thailand based ip addresses. To tell if that is your problem. or something else, try using a proxy service (use google). If you can then access the site then you are being blocked, usually based on the location of your ip address. I expect this will become more widespread in the future.

If you have a fixed ip address, as most of us do not have, then your address could be allowed.