Hi5

Lithobid

I searched this forum under Hi5 and got no results, so I thought I'd put up a post about it (if it’s already been discussed to hel_l and back, I apologize).

www.Hi5.com is a fantastic site for learning to read and write ภาษาไทย as you can tell I'm an armature at best, but I've just gotten to the point of "losing" the fear of reading and writing long sentences (to me another fascinating step in learning to express yourself in another language). It's a typical blog site, and you can hook-up with many friends quite quickly, the social network in Thailand is huge.

I sent a simple message out a few days ago to my friends (who I don't know) ผมอยากจะเรียนเขียนภาษาไทยกบพวกเขา พวกเขาไห้ผมข้อความสั้นเป็นดีมากๆ and have since gotten a bunch of little snippets to decipher and reply to. It's helped my typing in Thai immensely and you get a great insight into the use of vocabulary.

I’m sure there are tons of you who know about this already, but I thought I’d put a note out about it for those who are just learning to “crawl” with their reading. www.Hi5.com along with www.Thai2english.com (my trusty translator), you’ll make fast progress.

Cheers

Lithobid :o

• 4 months later...
www.Hi5.com is a fantastic site for learning to read and write ภาษาไทย as you can tell I'm an armature at best, but I've just gotten to the point of "losing" the fear of reading and writing long sentences (to me another fascinating step in learning to express yourself in another language). It's a typical blog site, and you can hook-up with many friends quite quickly, the social network in Thailand is huge.

Thanks for the tip. I just found Hi-5 Thailand today via the Map of Social Networks. After I joined up, I googled, then found your post.

I sent a simple message out a few days ago to my friends (who I don't know) ผมอยากจะเรียนเขียนภาษาไทยกบพวกเขา พวกเขาไห้ผมข้อความสั้นเป็นดีมากๆ and have since gotten a bunch of little snippets to decipher and reply to. It's helped my typing in Thai immensely and you get a great insight into the use of vocabulary.

I'll save that for when I jump in (might be a couple of months ;-)

I'm sure there are tons of you who know about this already, but I thought I'd put a note out about it for those who are just learning to "crawl" with their reading. www.Hi5.com along with www.Thai2english.com (my trusty translator), you'll make fast progress.

I also depend heavily on thai2english.com. I know there are others out there, but they are what suits me.

Cheers

Lithobid :D

Thanks Lithobid. I'm always on the lookout for ways to increase my Thai (mostly from the sofa :o ).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip. I just found Hi-5 Thailand today via the Map of Social Networks. After I joined up, I googled, then found your post.

I'll save that for when I jump in (might be a couple of months ;-)

I'm sure there are tons of you who know about this already, but I thought I'd put a note out about it for those who are just learning to "crawl" with their reading. www.Hi5.com along with www.Thai2english.com (my trusty translator), you'll make fast progress.

I also depend heavily on thai2english.com. I know there are others out there, but they are what suits me.

Cheers

Lithobid :D

Thanks Lithobid. I'm always on the lookout for ways to increase my Thai (mostly from the sofa :o ).

My pleasure, keep passing the info along!

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

I joined.

Was relieved year of birth combo box goes back far enough!

It's hard to find groups because you cannot browse, only search.

I tried มอร์เตอร์ไซค์ and got nothing.

Losing interest; can someone give me a group to join where I can practise my Thai and not feel like Gary Glitter.

• 3 weeks later...