Favourite Places To Down A Beer (or A Coconut Juice) At Sunset

lightstar

Hi all,

am looking for your favourite places to have a cool drink, early evening time.

Preferably somewhere 'cool' to chill out. I'm thinking riverside or roof top... (if there are any in CM) Somewhere to escape the traffic and the heat.

Hi all,

am looking for your favourite places to have a cool drink, early evening time.

Preferably somewhere 'cool' to chill out. I'm thinking riverside or roof top... (if there are any in CM) Somewhere to escape the traffic and the heat.

Huai Tung Tao lake at the foot of Doi Suthep has great sunsets and a great chilled out atmosphere.

I think the gates close for the last punters around 7pm. Rock up around 4-5pm, very nice at that time, and most of the punters are packing up to go home.

Galare restaurant at the very end of Suthep Rd is nice at sunset as well.

ThaiPaulys old restaurant (Pats Restaurant) just of Handong Rd has a lovely rooftop area thats great for sundowners.

The list goes on really..

Enjoy.. :o

My favourite place to have a cool drink, early evening time? That would have to be the veranda.

Seconded in spades - To lift a cool, sweating glass and toast a friend or two just as the sun disappears behind the mountains leaving the colours of magic in the heavens - now that is sheer bliss.

I reckon P1p might be into the wormwood Aabsinthe there on the porch balcony verandah.
[one spelling correction made and one deleted addition added]

Dude, I sure could be (although I have been warned that I am quite fond enough already). Where you get that stuff?

I reckon P1p might be into the wormwood Aabsinthe there on the porch balcony verandah.

Dude, I sure could be (although I have been warned that I am quite fond enough already). Where you get that stuff?

Razza (aka PITA), I'll bring a bottle of the real deal "green fairy" on the 10th. My sources, although not in Thailand will remain anonymous.

Razza (aka PITA), I'll bring a bottle of the real deal "green fairy" on the 10th. My sources, although not in Thailand will remain anonymous.

The real deal is available at several places in CM - try Tuskers - you may need to explain to the staff the correct procedure of burning the sugar cube over the glass but they do have the proper pierced spoon for the job.

I have to say that in my opinion drinking Absinthe is not my idea of a light sundowner type drink - much more suited for a dark and stormy night reading Byron or Shelly.

Back to the OP - Tuskers is a good place for a sundowner beer or two. The chairs under the patio with the hanging plants is cool and pleasant. Much nicer than the front bar which seems to attract the rowdy ruffian types like me :o

CB

Shouldn't that have been: "My sources, although not in Thailand, will remain anonymous." :o

/ Priceless

Shouldn't that have been: "My sources, although not in Thailand, will remain anonymous." :o

/ Priceless

English grammar and spelling is always a dangerous topic - the substantive "although" does not necessarily need a comma before it but you are correct. Part of the problem will always be in the differences of usage between English speakers.

We need to understand that Blinky Bill is not a native speaker of English - he is Australian.

Hope to see you soon

CB

/ Priceless

English grammar and spelling is always a dangerous topic - the substantive "although" does not necessarily need a comma before it but you are correct. Part of the problem will always be in the differences of usage between English speakers.

We need to understand that Blinky Bill is not a native speaker of English - he is Australian.

Hope to see you soon

CB

12 days, isn't it?

/ Priceless

And here I was thinking he was Dutch! If he is indeed Australian, then he deserves even greater credit for his command of English.

. . . My sources, although not in Thailand will remain anonymous.

/ Priceless

. . . the substantive "although" does not necessarily need a comma before it but you are correct. .

To expand on that, Priceless, since the author chose to place a comma before 'although' in that sentence, then, yes, you are correct, he should have placed a second comma after 'Thailand'.

Part of the problem will always be in the differences of usage between English speakers.

Indeed, no one should ever make the mistake of thinking that all native English speakers use the English language correctly. :D

. . . My sources, although not in Thailand will remain anonymous.

/ Priceless

. . . the substantive "although" does not necessarily need a comma before it but you are correct. .

To expand on that, Priceless, since the author chose to place a comma before 'although' in that sentence, then, yes, you are correct, he should have placed a second comma after 'Thailand'.

Part of the problem will always be in the differences of usage between English speakers.

Indeed, no one should ever make the mistake of thinking that all native English speakers use the English language correctly. :D

My thinking, exactly. Thank you for your confirmation of my punctuative analysis, sir!

/ Priceless

The real deal is available at several places in CM - try Tuskers - you may need to explain to the staff the correct procedure of burning the sugar cube over the glass but they do have the proper pierced spoon for the job.

Yes CeeBee, Tuskers does have Absinthe but it is only the 40% variety. My supply is the 88.7% variety. If one wishes to remember the activities of the previous night then no more than 2 shots is recommended. Last time I had 3 shots I woke up in my hotel room in Dubai with a sore bum. Not sure how I got to my room or why my bum was sore.

Razza (aka PITA), I'll bring a bottle of the real deal "green fairy" on the 10th. My sources, although not in Thailand[,] will remain anonymous.

Cheers, Dutch!

Ras -- I-pita-the-fool! -- seru

Thanks for the lessons in English lessons Razza and Priceless. Not bad for 2 non-English people.

BTW Razza, PITA is an acronym for Pain In The Arse.

. . . . . Last time I had 3 shots I woke up in my hotel room in Dubai with a sore bum. Not sure . . . why my bum was sore.

. . . . .

BTW Razza, PITA is an acronym for Pain In The Arse.

Well, don't blame me for your past problems. I didn't know you then, and in any case that's not my style.

Last time I had 3 shots I woke up in my hotel room in Dubai with a sore bum. Not sure how I got to my room or why my bum was sore.

Say it ain't so! :o

There could be an innocent explanation for it, for example he may of tripped and fell on an empty absinthe bottle while undressing for bed :D

My favourite place to have a cool drink, early evening time? That would have to be the veranda.

Seconded in spades - To lift a cool, sweating glass and toast a friend or two just as the sun disappears behind the mountains leaving the colours of magic in the heavens - now that is sheer bliss.

Mine was from me room here in Jan this year 2008

large.jpg

Dimond Riverside, Ping River View.

Kan Win :D

P.S. :D back "Crow Boy" :o

Hi "Austhaied",

Thank you, will post more if this forum had a section on "Images of Chiang Mai" should it ever be pinned up as had been ask in the past by "JuniorExPat" and me as well. :D

Now that Chiang Mai has another sub-forum in here (Chiang Mai FAQ's and Events), maybe one kind moderator could pin this one for as a starter :D as I found it on Page 18

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=167934

I do travel Thailand since I live here and many of me photos are where they should be in their own section on this "ThaiVisaDotCom" forum.

I am only here to help folks "Thailand as I see it".

Yours as always :D

The Colonel :D and me side kick Kan Win :o

Hi "Austhaied",

Thank you, will post more if this forum had a section on "Images of Chiang Mai" should it ever be pinned up as had been ask in the past by "JuniorExPat" and me as well. :D

Now that Chiang Mai has another sub-forum in here (Chiang Mai FAQ's and Events), maybe one kind moderator could pin this one for as a starter :D as I found it on Page 18

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=167934

I do travel Thailand since I live here and many of me photos are where they should be in their own section on this "ThaiVisaDotCom" forum.

I am only here to help folks "Thailand as I see it".

Yours as always :D

The Colonel :D and me side kick Kan Win :o

Cool , Thanks colonel.

See you on the dark side of the moon.

One did once and one wishes to be back there with you :D

Reminds me of this song:- by Mary Hopkins - Those Were The Days, My Friend

------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, there was a tavern

Where we used to raise a glass or two

Remember how we laughed away the hours,

Think of all the great things we would do

Those were the days, my friend

We thought they'd never end

We'd sing and dance forever and a day

We'd live the life we'd choose

We'd fight and never lose

For we were young and sure to have our way

La La La La La La

Then, the busy years went rushing by us

We lost our starry notions on the way

If, by chance, I'd see you in the tavern,

We'd smile at one another and we'd say :o

La La La La La La

Just tonight, I stood before the tavern (closed)

Nothing seemed the way it used to be

In the glass, I saw a strange reflection

Was that lonely man really me? :D

La La La La La La

Through the door, there came familiar laughter

I saw your face and heard you call my name

Oh, my friend, we're older but no wiser

For in our hearts, the dreams are still the same:D

Those were the days, my friend

We thought they'd never end

We'd sing and dance forever and a day

We'd live the life we'd choose