Setting Up A Home Gym

Kruang

I had been wanting to set up a home gym for many months, but had trouble finding a source for the equipment I needed at a reasonable cost. It's not hard to find decent treadmills here, but finding weight equipment was more difficult. I just wanted a basic bodybuilding setup -- power rack, adjustable bench, olympic bar, some weight plates and a set of good quality dumbbells.

I found some advice on TV and looked at Seara Sports and FBT. But equipment which is reasonably priced in the USA is really quite expensive once imported to Thailand. The cheaper equipment in the stores here is no alternative; those shoddy benches will break in a few months.

After a long search I finally found a good solution. There's a German bodybuilder named Christoph Klueppel who has a gym in Ramkhamhaeng (Ultimate Fitness) and he manufactures high quality equipment in Thailand at about half the cost of equvalent imported gear. He was able to put together exactly what I wanted and he delivered everything to my home (250 km from Bangkok) and installed it at a very reasonable cost. He has set up quite a few large gyms at hotels and schools, but he's willing to do home gyms. He's an honest and reliable guy as well. He has an online catalog on his website (http://www.ultimatefitnessthailand.com/).

I have no connection with Chris's business ... just a satisfied customer.