An Ode To Mark

SirJules

Sorry to be the bearer of bad and sad news.

Early hours of this morning Mark (Helicoptor) was involved in an accident on soi Nern Plub Waan and is now no longer with us. From what I can piece together his untimely demise was quick and no other parties were involved.

For those that knew Mark and for those that had met with him and jousted with him in public or on the boards will know that this was a man full of humour and a fantastic guy to be a mate of.

I say this on behalf of all, that our hearts go out to his family, friends and everyone he ever crossed paths with.

Forever in our memories

God bless.

I met him a few times - didn't know him well, but he seemed like a really nice guy. I remember that he supported me in my various "issues" with Thai Visa and the Mercy Mission a year or so back.

This is so sad.

My deepest condolences to Mark's family and friends

RIP Mark

It's unfortunately the way the Thai media works.

To Thai standards they are relatively clean pictures.

Lets just hope the message gets through that driving motorbikes is dangerous beyond belief!

Also just saw the pictures and still under shock.

Just learned that there will be a gathering of Mark's friends at Noi's Bar in Soi Khao Noi tonight. I'll drop by 9-ish.

/edit: just noticed that the PDN classified theire article as "crime"... :o

Edited by raro

Also just saw the pictures and still under shock.

Just learned that there will be a gathering of Mark's friends at Noi's Bar in Soi Khao Noi tonight. I'll drop by 9-ish.

/edit: just noticed that the PDN classified theire article as "crime"... :o

It seems Lee from Noi's is not ready for a wake. This is what he said elsewhere on the topic.

I am a little uncomfortable to be partying or seeing Mark off so soon, not quite got my head around my emotions at the moment.

However, I will be watching the F1 in the lounge till around 9pm if anyone is needing a place to watch it. Don't forget bars are closed so the shutters will be down, though a knock on the door will gain you entry.

I am sure we will see Mark off with a good old knees up and a pikey style piss up at Noi's...Personally I am just not ready for that right now.

<deleted> Ship, hel_l, gal darn, Crab

Hope those pass the mods, rules important and not complaining, but NOW is the time to open the gated door of hades and say NO.

Helicopter is gone too soon.

I was not done with him yet thank you.

I met him and drank with him only a few times. A worthy man, I would have enjoyed more.

Gave me crap about my shirts before sweet chariot. How are his people? Can we or I do something? Errand boy, gofer, wallet, what is needed?

Last time I saw him was at Noi's. Sorry for all who knew him, and more for the many who knew him better than I.

A drink or twelve will pass my lips tonight, nothing new, but I will think more of him tonight.

Sheet, this suks.

kdf

I didn't notice anything untoward about the pictures. In fact, the victim is completely blotted out in 2 of them and in the 3rd is just a typical crime scene photo you will see in any paper (face blotted out). Why all the huffing and puffing about them? I don't recall such complaints made about the much more graphic photos of the 2 dead Thais from the accident at Maprachan Lake last weekend (the severed head case).

Maybe everyone should take a good long look at the photos to be reminded what can happen if one is not careful while driving on a dark back soi of Pattaya.