Implantology/bone Mass/failure

marcortez

So this Thai/Pattaya dentist proceeds to take xrays of my jaw bone.

Says: "Oh sure you have plenty of bone to support implants"

Proceeds with 2 immediate load implants.

140,000 baht.

Wow, looks great, white front teeth again!!!!!

Now hold on....

Long story short.......the implants become loose within a week, even on a noodle diet.

Go back home on semi emergency bad news from the family.

USA dentist takes xrays......NOT enough bone to support implants pal. "These implants have to come out"

"Big problem pal" Major infection is going on.....A little wiggle and both implants fall out into his hand.

"I would have recommended NOT to do implants based on your history and current findings"

Email back and forth with this Pattaya dentist...including findings of the USA dentist.....bottom line is: come back and I will make good.

Ah, hello Doc.....how can you make good when there was not enough bone to support these implants from the get go?

I would strongly recommend to anyone seeking major dental work in Thailand to make sure this work is doable/viable, based

on findings from a ethical dentist in your home country.

I cried a while over the lost cash. I should have done more homework. I put too much trust into professionalism and ethics, despite the origin.

On edit: sorry I meant this as a response to the other recent thread about dentists and not a new topic

Edited by marcortez

marcortez,

Care to mention where NOT to go in Pattaya for dental implants?

"I would strongly recommend to anyone seeking major dental work in Thailand to make sure this work is do-able/viable, based on findings from a ethical dentist in your home country"

Good advice, I'm thinking of having some done when I come over in June.

Edited by R2Quad