Typical School Fees For A Thai

tweezer

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the typical school tuitions/fees are for a Thai youth to go to a normal Thai school (not an international school.)

What, roughly, would by the fee for a primary school for a kindergartner or first grader?

How about a typlicay fee for first or second year of high school?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

--T.

Thanks for the reply... government schools or inexpensive private schools.

Thanks,

--T.

What location? And also what do you class as inexpensive?

I'm sure with a little more info there will bve a few BM's that can give some suggestions.

My daughter has started Kindergarten (Private) , and the fee's are 55,000bht for two terms. That doesn't include all the other extra bits, so it's probably closer to 70,000bht when all is said and done. That is in Bangkok with an EP.

Edited by mrtoad

I am just about to pay my Daughters Fees for this year 2,678 baht

she goes to a government school the fee is mainly for her books

IE my English class books 140 Baht

Edited by colino

We're paying 23.000/term (two terms per year) in a small private kindergarten. I think a half decent private school with class size of 30-50 and taught in Thai is going to be 10,000 minimum

Different public non-EP schools will have minimal fees, usually a few thousand a term. However, there will be a lot of hidden costs (uniform, books, special programs and projects). If the school is one of the important or famous ones, you may have to pay some kind of hidden entrance money as well (which could be quite substantial). Your mileage may vary.

"S"

Different public non-EP schools will have minimal fees, usually a few thousand a term. However, there will be a lot of hidden costs (uniform, books, special programs and projects). If the school is one of the important or famous ones, you may have to pay some kind of hidden entrance money as well (which could be quite substantial). Your mileage may vary.

"S"

And with a weak central government the fees are even higher this year - in my area of Bangkok 100k was the asked for special fee at our local government school.

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the typical school tuitions/fees are for a Thai youth to go to a normal Thai school (not an international school.)

What, roughly, would by the fee for a primary school for a kindergartner or first grader?

Kindergarten, 4 yrs old, 25K per term, 50K all year.

The school is mainly for Thais, less than 10% are mixed kids, Thai/farang or Thai/Japanese.

5 hours a week of English by a farang teacher + 3 hours of English by a Thai teacher.

The school would accept anyone but is not actively marketing itself in farang market:

http://www.tataya.com/bangkok/sounloung/a.jindaphong.htm

Hi,

The school is mainly for Thais, less than 10% are mixed kids, Thai/farang or Thai/Japanese.

5 hours a week of English by a farang teacher + 3 hours of English by a Thai teacher.

The school would accept anyone but is not actively marketing itself in farang market:

That seems very expensive. 5 hours a week by a farang? Surely she doesn't need this. 3 hours a week by a Thai - she definitely doesn't need this.

My daughter goes to a good Catholic school which costs about 15,000 for the year + 5,000 for extras - uniform/transport.

^ address for above?

Kindly appreciated

I thought it is somewhere on that web site, it may well be, in Thai.

It's Bangkok, On Nut. Sukhumvit Soi 77 then turn into Soi On Nut 30, about 1.5km from BTS. There is a van (many of them) that bring kids from different places and bring them back door to door.

Hi,

That seems very expensive. 5 hours a week by a farang? Surely she doesn't need this. 3 hours a week by a Thai - she definitely doesn't need this.

My daughter goes to a good Catholic school which costs about 15,000 for the year + 5,000 for extras - uniform/transport.

Why is it "very expensive"? Several people who responded are in that ball park too. To me it's a negligent cost compared to international schools.

As I said, the school is a Thai private school and that farang teacher is a "must have". I spoke with him, a nice and well presented gentleman.

Thai teacher does not do Eglish lessons in terms of language and grammar, rather games and things in English instead of in Thai.

Judging by apperance of parents and number of BMWs and Benz cars in the carpark last school day in December 2007. the school is not last chance for underprivileged kids.

"S"

And with a weak central government the fees are even higher this year - in my area of Bangkok 100k was the asked for special fee at our local government school.

It's not surprising at all. At some schools, the total real cost rivals that of the true international schools.

^ Private Primary school fees (P2) for my son 1st term is almost 20,000. It's usually slightly cheaper for the second term but there are also extras that arise during the year. I'm happy to name the school but not sure if I'm allowed to here. (mods?)

I think it's quite cheap and very cheap compared to the good international schools. Unfortuneately I think the class sizes of around 38 are too large.

Hi,

Why is it "very expensive"? Several people who responded are in that ball park too. To me it's a negligent cost compared to international schools.

As I said, the school is a Thai private school and that farang teacher is a "must have". I spoke with him, a nice and well presented gentleman.

Thai teacher does not do Eglish lessons in terms of language and grammar, rather games and things in English instead of in Thai.

Judging by apperance of parents and number of BMWs and Benz cars in the carpark last school day in December 2007. the school is not last chance for underprivileged kids.

It certainly is not expensive. If it is a well run school, with a well established EP programme then it should be good value. My daughters school is a little more expensive, but in Prathom they get 5 hours with Native Speaker, 5 hours with Filipino teacher and 5 hours with a Thai teacher. All in all 15 hours of English. Class sizes 28-30 with teaching assistant.

My daughter is currently in Kindergarten, so although they do have English lessons it is nowhere near that amount of hours, I think 5 hours a week at present.

Neeranam, are you in Bangkok or up in the NE? As prices do vary.

I'm in Khon Kaen. My elder goes to a private Catholic school of the same calibre as, say St.Joseph's in Bangkok, which used to be the best in that city but far from it now. A friend recently paid 100,000(under the table) to get his daughter in there. I think it is 20,000 a term but not sure. So yes there is a difference. Another friend's girls go to Bangkok Pattana where it is 450,000 a term!

Thanks all for your replies. The reason I ask is that my G/F asked me to pay for her two kids tuitions for the semester... she said the 13 yr old will cost about 20K (I think it's a private Thai high school), and the young one (about 5 yrs old) will cost about 10K (the young one's school is upcountry.)

From what I read, it does not appear to be too far off.