Buffet Breakfasts In Bkk

zorro1

Occasionally I like a Buffet breakfast so going for a morning walk I sampled Sukhumvits Crown hotel soi 6. Big sign 150 bht. 6 heated trays of what they think is food.

Tray 1. Fried egg

2. Clumps of bacon rind all stuck together

3. Vegetables floating in gooey sauce

4. Chicken curry mostly bone from lower chicken leg

5. Steamed plain rice

6. Hot dog sausages floating in warm water

A tray of fruit and salad and bread. Orange juice and water only, coffee and Tea

:o

Can anyone recommend a descent hotel buffet under 200bht?

Under 200baht and decent? No chance.

Considering good English style breakfasts usually go for 200 - 300 baht no way will you get a (good) buffet for less. Usually I can only handle whats on some of these plates anyway so buffet would be a waste.

Recommend:

Black Swan for food

Irish bar in soi 4 for food and not being so dark

Kuppa more for ambience than food but food is ok

Crepes and Co for ambience and different sort of breaky than you usual English style

Marriott for coffee shop style breaky and relaxing

Occasionally I like a Buffet breakfast so going for a morning walk I sampled Sukhumvits Crown hotel soi 6. Big sign 150 bht. 6 heated trays of what they think is food.

Tray 1. Fried egg

2. Clumps of bacon rind all stuck together

3. Vegetables floating in gooey sauce

4. Chicken curry mostly bone from lower chicken leg

5. Steamed plain rice

6. Hot dog sausages floating in warm water

A tray of fruit and salad and bread. Orange juice and water only, coffee and Tea

The buffet breakfast at The Nana Hotel (Soi 4) is 200 Bt and can't be grumbled at for the price, but for even better value IMO is The Fortuna Hotel breakfast buffet on Soi 5 which runs at 140bt. (Previously recommended in another post.)

Thanks and I do get your point about plenty on one plate and quite often more than you can eat however I'm not looking for big eating at buffets, just lots of different choice both Asian and western. Perhaps 200bht is a bit light so may have to up the ante

200 baht would be fine in Chiang Mai or Pattaya, but too cheap for anything decent in Bangkok. The Nana breakfastis not a bad deal, but gets boring quickly after a few visits.

Actually the Nana do a descent lunch buffet for 200 bht. Plenty of choice for a quick feed. I think there breakfast is 160 bht and probably the best value for that money considering they make a pretty descent omelette included

Taipan Hotel has a decent breakfast for 159++. Although there is not a huge selection of breakfast items, it has all of the basics and are well prepared considering the price including meats, pancakes/waffles, simple omelets and a selection of thai entree(s) as well, depending on the day. Nothing fancy but great for the price. :D

Grand President on soi 11 has a decent spread for 300bh. They have a Sunday brunch that they advertise for 350 I think (could be 500, I forget). Regular breakfast has the usual western assortment, plus delicatessen items, has a section for the Japanese guests and usually 3-5 asian dishes. The baked goods selection is ok, but not impressive. A big subway sandwich is 180bh, so I don't think you'll get much for under 200bh at a buffet.

200 baht would be fine in Chiang Mai or Pattaya, but too cheap for anything decent in Bangkok. The Nana breakfastis not a bad deal, but gets boring quickly after a few visits.

Actually the Nana do a descent lunch buffet for 200 bht. Plenty of choice for a quick feed. I think there breakfast is 160 bht and probably the best value for that money considering they make a pretty descent omelette included

Had the nana lunch buffet afew times now and have been very happy with it. Various chinese and thai dishes [changes daily],

sushi, salads, pastries and breads even pizza one day. Also a couple of deserts there aswell.

Really not bad for 200 baht.

Edited by Noodles