18 Year Old Bar Worker Allegedly Raped And Robbed

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: April 28th 2008

18 year old bar worker allegedly raped and robbed as she uses the toilet.

On Sunday Afternoon Police were called to a Beer Bar located in Soi 4 off Jomtien Beach Road to deal with a suspected rape and robbery.

At the scene they were met by Khun Soowisar aged 18 who explained to Police that as she was using the toilet at the back of bar, a Thai Man approached her and held her at knife point while he raped her in the toilet and stole her mobile phone.

The man was spotted nearby and arrested and taken back to the witness who positively identified him as the suspected attacker. Khun Amnat aged 23 explained to Police that he had come to Pattaya to find a job. His search was unsuccessful and he intended to return to his home in Chayapoon Province.

He had no money and decided to commit the theft and claimed the sexual assault was unplanned. He is now behind bars awaiting a court appearance later this week.

So he planned to steal a mobile phone, but didn't plan the rape??!!

This guy is not very bright. You might want to pick someone with money to rob.

I hope this young lady is able to recover from this ordeal.

These mamasans often seem to procure extremely young girls to use as "bait"

to lure patrons to the bar. Maybe they had her cleaning or working in a service

capacity. Most bar-girls would have beat the snot out of that young fella, they

certainly need to stick together in groups, this isn't a new problem with thai men. :o

And this happens on a supposedly dry day due to elections, closures 6pm Sat til midnight Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold on a minute, am I missing something? The report was in the PCN 28th April intimating the attack was made the day before. AFAIK the elections are this Sunday 4th May meaning the bars are closed from 6pm Sat 3rd until 12:00 Sun 4th. Have there been elections I don't know about or is my info wrong. This is important as I arrive Pattaya Saturday afternoon about 2 hours before the shutdown according to my info.

i feel sorry for the young girl ,but isnt it against the law to work in a bar under the age of 20..

I thought it was 18 to work in one but 20 to be a customer?

The headline says "bar worker" but the report only says she was using the toilet in the bar. :o

No matter, rape is rape whatever the age. I hope she gets over the ordeal and the b@st@d who raped her gets a good shafting in a Thai jail.

And this happens on a supposedly dry day due to elections, closures 6pm Sat til midnight Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold on a minute, am I missing something? The report was in the PCN 28th April intimating the attack was made the day before. AFAIK the elections are this Sunday 4th May meaning the bars are closed from 6pm Sat 3rd until 12:00 Sun 4th. Have there been elections I don't know about or is my info wrong. This is important as I arrive Pattaya Saturday afternoon about 2 hours before the shutdown according to my info.

last weekend we had elections so it was a coffee mug afair sat 18.00 to midnight sunday next weekend is similar same times but i think its a proper close job!

think one election was chonburi while the other is pattaya, both ob hitting pattaya

"I arrive Pattaya Saturday afternoon about 2 hours before the shutdown" maybe PhilHarries have a night in bkk!

chris

Last week, a young girl was raped on a bus, in the toilet. The rapist was the ticket collector. She had just graduated from high school and went to see her mother in Bangkok for Songkran. The bus was en route from BK to KK when the rape occurred, with the bus fully loaded with passengers. The victim went to the police after arrival and they caught the guy.

Scary for girls going to the toilet.

We had the Chon Buri Goveror's election on the 26th, and many bars were open (but not allowed to sell alcohol). I noticed quite a few bars had their regular staff in attendance, but they appeared to be doing a major "spring cleaning" of their respective establishments. The club I was riding with gathered at a bar owned by one of the members, where we imbibed coffee, water and/or ice tea before heading to Rayong.

The next day (Sunday, my birthday coincidentally), at least one place opened normally at 8. Apparently the voting was finished by 3pm, and bars were allowed to resume normal operations after 6pm. I don't know what other places were like as I never made it out of the one I was in.

This weekend should be the same, with bars "closed" on Saturday and most likely open again after 6pm on Sunday.

Back to the OP. It is unfortunate, but I suspect this kind of crime happens a lot more often than gets reported. Everyone knows (that have been around for awhile) that many locals harbour a fear and mistrust of the BiB, and are therefore not likely to go to them for help. Everytime I see a girl taking a moto-taxi after the bars close, I wonder how many of them get waylaid along the way (especially as many of them are "provocatively" dressed and possibly drunk).

It is good to see that this girl did report the crime, and that the police were able to catch the guy rather quickly. As for the girls age, well, as mentioned previously on one hand it says "bar girl" and on the other she was just going to use the bathroom at the back of a bar. Didn't say she actually worked there.

Many girls will have an extra "ID" (fake card or a photocopy) that shows them to be of legal age to get a job, but when confronted with the police will have to show their real card.

From my understanding, a girl has to be 19 to work in a bar (though oddly enough, she has to be 20 to get in as a customer !).

I found this out a couple years ago when a girl I knew celebrated her 19th birthday in the club she was working in. Later on a group of us went to another bar owned by the same owner, but they wouldn't let her in (even after the mamasan phoned someone "higher up").

I asked the mama about that later, and the fact that this girl had been working in her club for quite awhile before her 19th birthday. She just smiled and admitted that she knew the girl was underaged and that when ever the police would come by, they would just hide her in the back room.

As with the instances of rape, I'm sure this happens a lot more often that gets mention of in the news as well.

Why is this title 'allegedly' raped?

The attacker seems to have already admitted he did indeed attack the poor girl.

Is the 'allegedly' been used because she was attacked in a bar?

Strange.

Why is this title 'allegedly' raped?

The attacker seems to have already admitted he did indeed attack the poor girl.

Is the 'allegedly' been used because she was attacked in a bar?

Strange.

"Allegedly" = lawyer-speak.

Doesn't matter if the perp is caught red handed, on tape, with a dozen (credible) eye witnesses, and confesses to doing it, he has only "allegedly" committed the crime. :o

(and there'll probably be a dozen lawyers who, for a fee, will be willing to prove that the guy is innocent, or will find some little technicality that gets him off)

At least in Thailand the perp often confesses as soon as he is caught (and rarely recants, unlike what happens in the west as soon as the lawyers get involved).

What do you call 500 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean ?

A good start.

This guy is not very bright. You might want to pick someone with money to rob.

No not at all.

The man was spotted nearby and arrested and taken back to the witness who positively identified him as the suspected attacker.

You would think that somebody would run away after commiting a crime like this. :o